Extermination

Anelie waited until dark before taking care of the rats so that she knew she wouldn't run into anybody on the street.  She made sure to bring her magic pipe with her.  She looked at her magic pipe, admiring it as she did, looking at its intricate designs on the pipe of gold.  She put it to her mouth and began playing it even before leaving her room in the inn she was staying at.  The tune was upbeat, gaining the rats attention and then hypnotizing them once the music caught their attention.  That's how it works.  The magic takes affect once the audience listens to the music.  The magic pipe is a hypnotizing instrument.

She played all the way down the stairs, and out the inn door to the street called Hamelin Street.  Once she started playing her magic pipe, the rats heard the music and gathered together on Hamelin Street in lines one behind the other.  There were many, many rats that gathered together listening to the hypnotizing waves of the magic pipe's music.  The rats danced and  followed her all the way down the street and into the water of Weser River.  She saw as she walked in front of them and led the rats, all the dead bodies from the plague, still strewn out, that haven't been buried yet.  She felt sad about them but she didn't stop playing her magic pipe until all the rats were too deep in the water to swim back in time.  Too late, the rats realized that they were going to drown.  They struggled, gasping for air, until they sank underwater and drowned.

Once they drowned she turns and leaves Weser River behind.  She goes back to the inn happy and excited to claim her reward of 1,000 guilders the next day from the mayor.

She fell into bed thinking, What a wonderful day tomorrow will bring.  And went to sleep dreaming of the guilders she'll claim.