Chapter 21

The Landing And Arrest

Kevin landed the ship on the Carpenter farm, near Bay Port. The ship was invisible, and the shields were activated to prevent FBI and CIA agents from firing on them. No one knew what the agents would do. Richard had informed Kevin they still watched the farm. As the ship landed, the teens could see their families gathered on the lawn where tables were set up under tents. Their family organized a welcome home party for them.

The ship sat behind the large machine shed, and Elee opened the door allowing the crew to sneak out behind the shed. They wanted to run to their families with no one knowing where the ship was. Once around the barn, they ran. Everyone shouted "Welcome back" as they hugged and kissed their loved ones.

Kevin ran up to his Dad and almost jumped into his arms. "Dad... oh God... am I glad to see you. I missed you so much."

Richard could hardly speak, he had become overjoyed. Liz put her arms around the two of them and cried. "Kevin, we missed you, and we're glad you are safe. I want to hear everything that happened."

"In time, Liz. Now we want to be with you guys. We had no problems, except that we missed our families."

Cody and Kathy stood together, Cody hugging his mom and Kathy her dad.

Cody's mom said he looked taller.

"Mom, we weren't gone that long. However, I need to tell you, Kathy and I are more than friends now. I love her."

"Mrs. Anderson," Kathy interrupted, "It's all good. Cody and I are happy together but we will take it slow."

"Well... that's nice. And, Cody, I want to tell you that Richard Carpenter and I have also been dating."

"What? You and Kevin's dad? If you marry him, Mom, Kevin would be my step-brother. Wow! That's too cool," Cody said; a huge smile on his face.

"We're nowhere near the marrying stage, Cody. I wanted you to be aware I have been dating Richard while you and Kevin were gone." she said.

Kathy introduced Cody and his Mom to her Father and sister, Cindy.

"Congratulations, Cody. I can tell you've made my little sister happy I haven't seen her glow like this for years," said Cindy.

Laska had been nervous about meeting Linda's family, her three brothers and three sisters, but Carl and Eunice Brown loving parents. They hugged them both, crying and laughing at the same time. Two of her sisters and one brother came with her parents. They adored Laska and wanted to learn everything about Elysium. It took over an hour to greet all the family members gathered at the farm. There was more than enough food as everyone brought a dish to pass and Richard had a steer butchered for a barbeque. The safe return of these teens was the party of the year, and no one would go home hungry or with dry eyes.

***

Kevin Goes To Jail

The special agents allowed the teenagers to spend time with their parents before they burst on the scene. The lead agent, Carl Ellington of the Detroit FBI branch, and Seth Bloomington, of Homeland Security entered the tents and asked for Kevin Carpenter.

"He is over there with his sister Liz." A neighbor, unaware who these men were, replied.

The agents put their hands on his shoulder. "Kevin, you will need to come with us to Bad Axe. We are arresting you for theft of the spaceship that was here."

Richard stepped between them. "You can't charge them with stealing the ship because it is mine, and I gave Kevin permission to use it, and there was no report of my ship being stolen."