2. The Train 1#

Clariss leads us down the hallway of the train. She shows Rade his room first and then we continue further down the hall. She stops abruptly at a door and opens it. It's nothing like I've ever seen in my life.

There's a huge king size bed next to a big window, and the biggest closet I've ever seen opposite a door that leads to the bathroom. I slowly open the door and gape even more at what I see. Everything is white as snow. A toilet, a sink with a big mirror and a shower that has too many buttons to even count.

"Get yourself comfortable, and then in about an hour, come to the dinning room for dinner," Clariss says while closing my door. "Okay," I answer.

My room really is amazing, but then I realize why I'm here. They're just pampering us with expensive things before we get killed.

I undress and go into the shower. There's so many scents to choose from. I pressed a button that said "lemon and orange" and the shower squirted that on my body. I rinse it off and get out. I blow-dry my whole body and go look into the closet. There's a lot of bizarre pieces of clothing, so I just pick out a plain black tank top and some pants.

Then I head out of my room to the dinning room. Rade is already there, but Clariss and Beetee are nowhere to be found. I sit down across from him.

"So, how do you like your room?" he asks. I hesitate for a minute, contemplating if it's a good idea to talk to him, considering our situation, and then answer, "I don't know. It's amazing, but I probably shouldn't be enjoying it that much."

We start talking a bit more. I find out that he's 14 and his sister was in the Hunger Games 3 years ago, at age 13, but sadly, didn't survive. That why his name seemed so familiar.

"It must be pretty hard on your family, that you both got in," I say.

"Um... yeah," he mumbles.

Clariss and Beetee finally arrive. They sit down and Beetee starts talking about everything we need to know. Tips and tricks on how to survive, how to impress sponsors and so on.

As we're eating dinner, which is some kind of chicken pie with a purple sauce, Clariss goes through the schedule of the upcoming days. Tommorow we will arrive in the Capitol. The day after there will be the opening ceremony. Then, for two days there will be training and on the third day we will have a private lesson with the gamemakers. On the last day there will be the interview and the next day the Games.

"Any questions?" Clariss asks. We both shake our heads. "Well then, after we finish, let's go watch the recap of the reaping."

We all stand up and go into a room with a big screen. We sit down on the sofa in front of it as Clariss turns the screen on. I didn't notice anyone specific except for two people. The first one is a 17 year old boy from district 2, that volunteered, named Cato. He is really good looking, with muscles poking out of his shirt. He has short blond hair and icy blue eyes. I don't know why, but he made quite an impact on me. But I shouldn't be thinking of him in any other way than that he's an enemy.

The second person is a 16 year old girl from district 12 named Katniss, who volunteered for her little sister. That's really brave of her, and I would do the same thing if Elliot was chosen, but we would have the be the same gender.

After it ends, Clariss bids us goodnight and leaves the room. I go to my room and get ready for bed. This day has been very stressful, so I hope I'll sleep well, but I doubt it. I lie down on the silky bed sheets.

Tears start to form in my eyes and I let them fall on the pillow. I want to go home. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss my whole life that I had to leave behind because of these stupid games. And most of all, I'm afraid. I don't want to die. I'm not ready to die.

I try to fall asleep, but it's very hard, because I keep thinking how I'm going to survive.