Chapter 2

The knock on my door brought me back to reality, it was my mom, she opened the door gently and peeked inside my room, when she saw that I was already awake she swung the door open and came inside, she was still wearing her pajamas and a bathrobe on top of it. She looked at me and said "well that's a surprise, why are you awake? usually we have to drag you out of bed, did you have a nightmare or something?" I lied and said "no, nothing like that, I set up the alarm too early by mistake last night"

She smiled and said "Well then, get up and get ready for school. You're going to be late!"

I laughed and said "mom, I get home schooled, our living room is my classroom! I can go in pajamas, it's not like there is anyone else with me, plus we can start classes whenever we want, it's not like there is a law that forces us to start at 8. I still don't get why you guys insist that I start my day this early, I thought the advantage of being home schooled is that I get to study whenever I want" I glanced at her and added" if we're doing it this way, you might as well let me go to an actual school, it wouldn't hurt me to have actual human contact"

I knew her answer before she even said anything, "we've been over this Mira, you can't go to school, you know why, now stop stalling and go wash up, we're having breakfast"

I sighed and reluctantly, I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom. I glanced at the mirror and stared at my own reflection, my eyes were red and puffy from crying, my mom must have noticed but she didn't say anything. She was awesome like that, she always knew when something was wrong with me and what I needed. But she also knew when to not ask anything until I was ready to tell her. I loved that about my mom. 

Everyone tells me that I take after her, and it's true, we have the same pale white skin,red hair, and the same almond shaped eyes. But the one thing that's different is the color of our eyes, she has grey eyes, and I have sea green eyes. The combination of the color of my eyes and my hair garnered me the nickname "Ariel" or the "little mermaid" because I kind of looked like her. My dad always jokes about it. I always wondered why the color of my eyes was different from that of my family, both my dad and my sister's eyes were brown. But that wasn't the only thing different, my younger sister looked a lot like my dad, but she had my mom's hair. I on the other hand didn't look anything like him.

I shook myself, no I couldn't think like that, I hated where my train of thoughts was taking me, but I always had a nagging suspicion that something was different about me. How different I ended up being, well not even in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this outcome.