Chapter 7 - I am sorry

Note: The following chapter is in Peeta Pov!!! It starts somewhere inbetween Primrose running away from him crying and walking to the medical room! Hope you enjoy, plus don't forget to comment and vote! I love hearing about what you think! <3

Peeta's Pov:

Katniss Everdeen. Since being here she is all I can think about, since seeing her face for the first time she is all I can think about. I could win and go home to her if it weren't for Prim. But for me to go home would mean Prim's death. Its not worth it. Katniss would never forgive me for not bringing her home, even if I wasn't the one who killed her! But I wouldn't kill her anyway. Never. They can only have one winner and I will do my very best to make it Prim. For Katniss.

My mother said I could win, she was absolutely sure of it and wasn't worried at all! Not that she would be if I died! She just wants the money that comes with winning! But if Prim wasn't choosen and I actually was trying to get home I don't think I could win. Maybe reach the top eight if I was lucky but not actually be the lone victor. At least that's what I'm telling myself to make it easier sacrifising myself for Prim. She deserves to go home! She has her family and friends back home waiting for her. But most of all Katniss. My family don't care for me at all! My father maybe, but not enough. Not enough for him to stand-up for me when my mother picks on me! Not enough to love me.

When he came and said goodbye with my family, he hugged me tighly and whispered in my ear; "There can only be one victor, its your choice. She is a nice girl." WHY? What does he mean? He must know I like Katniss and am going to try and bring home Prim for her. But who did he mean was the 'nice' girl? Prim or Katniss? How did he know about my feeling for Katniss anyway?

I go into the louge cart and find Haymitch there drinking surprisingly, not! "Hey Haymitch. Do you know where Prim is? Umm. Sorry, where Primrose is? Effie said we were.." I say anxiously.

"Hold on, slow down. First of all, who on earth is this Prim? Second, don't know don't really care. This whole Hunger Games thing doesn't really take my fancy to be honest." He snickers drunkely.

"You," I say astonished. "Aren't into the Hunger Hames? What about us? The ones actually entering? You are a real jerk!" Normally I would never speak like this but its the truth.

"Hold on a minute son." says Haymitch staggering over to me. "I entered this stupid game too!" He takes hold of my sholders shaking me brutally. "Don't take it out on me! I didn't create it or do I argree with it! Just following the bloody rules!" His breath stinks of alcohol. "The ones they made not me!" He finishes and let go of his tight grip on my arms causing me to fall to the ground. Haymitch laughs rudely. "You could win too but trust me its not worth it!" He calls as I leave. But with you as a mentor I wouldn't last a day! I feel like shouting back but think better of it. I need to find Prim.

I walk to her room. Her door is left unlocked and ajar. I look inside quickly after knocking and not getting an answer. But she is not there. Where could she be? Just as I am about to shut the door I see a piece of paper on the bed. I walk over to it. "Don't read it." I tell myself sternly. But I can't help myself.

Dear Katniss,

Before you read this please know. I love you so much! More than anything! You are the best sister I could ever ask for! Please don't be sad about my death.

Death? Why was Prim writing about her death? Maybe if she dies in the games? But its a little too early for that. So I keep reading.

If you truely love me please try to move on. I know I didn't die very bravely but I was scared. Please remember to feed Buttercup and Lady.

Then I stop reading. I now know what she is doing. "PRIM!! Prim!!" I shout at the top of my lungs. "Stop!!! Prim! Where are you??" I look around the room.

Where and how could she die?

The medical room!!

I race down the hall praying I'm not too late. "Prim!! Where are you?" I shout as I run.

I reach the medical room and push open the door.

I find her lying on the floor.

I rush over to her body. "Help!!" I scream. "Please somebody! Effie!!"

I failed. Katniss, I'm sorry.

Yeah, this is an extremly short chapter (you're probably used to them by now), I'm sooo sorry!! But I had to end it there to align with the last one and I kinda find it boring hearing an entire chapter that I've already read in another person's point of view!! But the next one will be HUGE!! So big you will tell me to make them shorter! Fingers crossed! <3 I am also sorry for taking ages to publish it, have been really sick! :( But anyway, I hope you were screaming at Peeta to go to the medical room before she , Prim, dies because if you weren't then this chapter sucked!! LOL!! :) PLEASE comment, vote and share some of your magical writing wisdom with me, seem to have lost mine!! :) Katrina xx