Random facts of the month

(Image above from google)
1. The cotton candy machine was invented by a dentist

2. Oreos are a knock-off of Hydrox cookies, which came out four years earlier (in 1908).

3. Sharp Knives Are Safer Than Dull Knives
Sharp knives aren't actually as likely to cut you as dull ones. Because a sharp knife easily slices through food, you only have to apply a small amount of pressure when using them. This means that you're more likely to cut the item you're intending to cut, and not your hand.
Dull knives, however, can't cut through food easily, and often cause injuries when resistance between the dull blade and the food's surface suddenly gives way, at which point the knife flies out of control. Since you have to use so much pressure to cut with a dull knife, they often cause deep cuts and gouges, as opposed to the minor nicks a sharper knife might inflict.

4. Heat transfers faster through liquid than gas, so keep warm by staying dry.

5. If you're lost, walking downhill raises your chances of finding help.
People often build societies around nearby water sources, and since water flows downhill, you'll increase your chances of finding help if you're able to walk downhill, Ernest Adams says.

6. For an aspirin to save your life during a heart attack, you need to chew it.
Aspirin, which inhibits platelets that speed blood clots, works fastest if chewed. A small amount is all you need, and since time is of the essence, chewing delivers the antiplatelet effects through the blood vessels in your mouth instead of the digestive process.

7. Frankenstein is the name of the doctor, NOT the monster.

8. you plug in earbuds into your laptop's microphone jack, they'll function as microphones.

9. Pterodactyls weren't dinosaurs.
The proper term is actually "pterosaur," and they're technically flying reptiles, not dinosaurs

10. Dogs only see a limited spectrum of colors compared to humans, but that old "fact" you've heard about dogs seeing in only shades of grey isn't true. To a dog, the world is mostly shades of blue, yellow, and grey.

11. Sitting too close to the TV won't harm your eyes more.
While watching a lot of TV can cause eye fatigue and potentially harm your vision, sitting too close doesn't make much of a difference, if any. However, this myth was true back before the 1950s, when companies made televisions that emitted dangerous levels of radiation...up to 100,000 times more than what federal officials deemed safe.

12. Natural diamond does not show up under an x-ray

13. Goldfish shouldn't really be kept in goldfish bowls.
Most goldfish bowls are far too small for goldfish. They're naturally very large.

14. Nine months before Rosa Parks refused to move from her bus seat, Claudette Colvin did the same thing.

15. A pony is not a baby horse.
A baby horse is actually called a foal, while a pony is a horse of a particularly small breed.

16. The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.

17. The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!

18. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!

19. On average a hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute.

20. Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren't added to it.

21. You Should Throw Away the Cotton in Your Pill Bottles

22. The world's shortest scheduled flight lasts 47 seconds. It covers just over a mile on Scotland's Orkney Islands.

23. The star Antares is 60,000 times larger than our sun. If our sun were the size of a softball, the star Antares would be as large as a house.

24. Most lipstick contains fish scales.

25. It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.

26. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

27. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.

28. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

29. An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.

30. Horses can't vomit.

31. A snail can sleep for three years.

32. Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

IM BACK!!!! sorry it took so long to update, but I hope you enjoyed and learnt something interesting? What would u like facts about next?

See you in the next chapter!

Baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii