"Shut up," Jaehyun grunted and roughly sighed in exasperation. "And so brings us to the part on why you were included in the conversation."

I furrowed my brows as my face contorted in perplexity.

"I told him we're dating just to prove his nasty ass that I was definitely over her."

"And let me guess," I rolled my eyes at him. "He wants to meet me?"

"Good girl," He circled his hand around my wrist once again. "Now, let's go."

*

While Jaehyun and I were making our way to this fancy restaurant his father specifically requested, I was trying my best not to laugh at his desperate ass.

"I can't believe you're actually going to introduce me to your family as your fucking girlfriend," I burst in laughter. "I mean, you might become a laughing stock to your family having a broke girl as your partner."

"Quick quiz, how did we meet?" he piped in as he looked straight on the road before him.

"Uhm . . . Book store. We were fighting over the same book and you fell in love with me."

All of a sudden, he pulled up the car.

"Well, just don't be socially awkward. . . okay? Like. . . don't tell my family about that time you had your foot stuck in the toilet. That'll make them think I dated a nutjob."

"Excuse me? That was a very inspiring story, sir." I puckered up my lips as I disgustingly eyed Jaehyun.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. We've done this before at the café to get that free dessert. We can do this as well. Just that we don't have to act all mushy and all. Get it?"

I folded my arms across my chest as I crashed my back against the backrest.

"I don't look presentable today." I mumbled.

"What do you mean you don't look presentable today? You look like that everyday. But don't worry, my family doesn't really care about the looks."

Jaehyun quickly stepped out of the vehicle and so did I.

Out of the blue, he hauled my hand and hung it over his arm, straightforwardly looking at the front.

Our arms were linked together as we entered the room. Jazz music filled our ears, along with inaudible chatters of other people. It was rather cozy and warm in here compared outside so I was very much comfortable with the place. Not to mention how spacious it was. The tables were arranged very well and it wasn't that crowded. Maybe only filthy ass rich people can afford to eat their food here.

"There he is, our future captain!" A lady exclaimed as we both reached the table next to the huge glass window.

Jaehyun pulled me closer. "Your arms are stiffening. Loosen up a bit. It's going to be fine." He said under his breath.

I quickly scrutinized the faces I saw in this long table.

I automatically recognized his father, who was seated at the end most, looking intimidating and terrorizing as always. Next to him was Jaehyun's mother, apparently looking like a goddess and youthful as how she has always been. She never fails to amaze her with her beauty.

There were also three people seated alongside Jaehyun's parents. Two elderlies, whom I assume to be his grandparents and one middle-aged lady.

"Hello, darling." The older lady greeted me as I took a sit.

"Oh, my. Our Woojae got some taste," The middle-aged woman announced. "Why don't you introduce her to us."

Unconsciously, I was already sweating, especially on my hands. I hid my hand under the table cloth, wiping off the moist building up around my palms.