Chapter 7: Rehearsals and Lunch with Liam

• Zadedykowane My lovely readers (:

I've changed my mind.

Niall's POV:

"Liam! What did she say?!" I was freaking out.

Skylar hasn't been talking to me since she left early in the morning four days ago. Well, she has been talking, but not like she used to. She didn't text me as often, and when she did, her texts were bland, boring and lacking their usual pep. So we only talked to say good morning and good night, and it was driving me wild. What did I do to her? Did she hate me?

If she does, then why? I can't stand upsetting people, I always felt absolutely horrendous whenever I did, whether it was something serious or not. Seeing people upset just dampened my mood, especially if it was a friend like Skylar, who I easily got along with. And it was killing me that she hasn't really talked to me much these past few days.

In fact, this has been the longest time that she's been away from me. We hung out almost every single day, and I was starting to get used to the fact that she always was with me. I admit, I do miss her. I can't wait to go on another ninja mission with her.

"She said that she's just been very busy, that's all."

"Please, Li, can yeh ask if yeh can go see 'er? 'm re'lly worried about 'er."

"Gosh Niall, you've met the girl a three weeks ago. I never seen you so worried before!"

He was right. "Please? I jus' wan' to know what's going on."

Liam was unable to fight my adorableness, and obliged. "Okay, Niall. Just go to rehearsal today, and come up with a good enough excuse to keep Management from hunting me down and duct-taping me to the wall, and then forcing me to eat with a spoon as my punishment and torture."

Wow, since when did Liam become super melodramatic? That was more of Louis' thing... But then again, those two have been hanging out a lot since we got here. And everytime I walk into a room that they're in, they panic and pretend that they were just hanging out like normal people, as if they were trying to hide something. I wonder why.

"T'ank you Liam!" I screamed, squeezing him into my signature Horan hug.

"You're welcome, Niall," he said, smiling before heading to the front door.

"Oh, an' Liam?"

"Yes, Niall?"

"Keep t'is between us, okay?"

"Alright, Niall," he replied, before shutting the door, and abandoning me to be consumed by my prodding thoughts and questions.

***

I was plopped on the couch, watching a great game of football. The match was between Manchester and an American team named the Sounders. My mind wasn't distracted for long before it drifted to Skylar.

All week she had been on my mind, and I still couldn't figure out who she was. Her voice was blissfully familiar, and I remember hearing it before. I was just going to have to find out more about her, to see if that will jog back memories, and then I might be able to recognize who she was. But until then, my thoughts about knowing who she was were a complete mystery.

My mind backpedaled to a few days ago, when we were hanging out with her at the flat. The lads and I learned an awful lot about her, from her biggest achievements to what she liked. Although she liked to talk a lot once we got to pry the information out of her, I could tell that she was holding back a tad, which makes sense. I wouldn't want to pour out my life story to 5 strangers.

Every ten minutes or so, I'd get up for food and end up spending 5 minutes in the kitchen just getting distracted by all the food we had, and then I'd head back into the room. So basically, I was pretty much gone for half of our get-to-know-each-other game. But when I was there, every fact that I was able to hear come from her mouth just made me like her even more. When our game ended, she was getting ready to leave when I noticed that look in her eyes. That one look of slight nervousness and fear. Because I am a curious leprechaun, I had to ask her what was wrong. Turns out that she didn't want to drive home alone and end up being locked out by her gatekeeper, Maestro. Using my unbearable adorableness on her, she gave in to my begging and agreed to stay. That's when it lead to the baffling, gut-wrenching scene before we both went to bed that night.