"I would like to see you..." he murmured, his hot breath ghosting against her quickly heated skin.

Charlotte clutched at the material of his cloak, her lips parting slightly and her eyes fluttering closed as Thranduil nibbled delicately on her earlobe. Oh, what was he going to suggest?

"...with that crossbow in your hands."

Her eyes flew open. That was not a suggestion she had been hoping for!

"Wh...what!" she croaked, feeling utterly confused.

Thranduil released his hold on her and stepped back, a wicked grin plastered on his now smug face.

"I would like to teach you how to hunt."

Charlotte blinked stupidly, her frazzled brain still trying to rewire itself and make sense of what he was suggesting. It didn't help that her body was aching with the need that only the Elvenking could fulfill.

"You want me...to hunt?" But...but I thought we were going to do something more...fun!

"Yes. Was there something else you had in mind?" he asked innocently, though the wicked gleam in his eyes was anything but.

"Quite a few actually," she remarked snarkily, paired with a mean glare. Like force feeding you some prunes...

As though reading her thoughts, Thranduil's grin broadened.

"Careful, little one. I have full permission to spank you if you misbehave."

"Then consider me on the naughty list," she muttered darkly, walking past him to go back inside.

Thranduil followed her, openly amused at how tightly wound up she was at this moment. The lack of restraint humans possessed often amused him and witnessing it on Charlotte was no exception. But anticipation was key, and being an elf with limitless patience, he wanted to see how far he could push her before she broke and demanded a release. His guess was not very long - which was a good thing because when it came to Charlotte, his willpower only extended so far. He was at her mercy just as much she was at his.

 He was at her mercy just as much she was at his

"I can't do it," Charlotte whispered.

'You can and you will," Thranduil murmured against her ear as he stood behind her. He was being careful not to touch her, but Charlotte could sense his presence anyway; she could feel his essence flooding her senses until she could think of nothing else but him.

She clenched her jaw, determined not to be distracted, and sighted down the crossbow at the snow-white rabbit foraging for sparse food in this wintery wonderland.

She hesitated. "But why? It seems so cruel to kill it."

"You eat meat, do you not?"

"Yes, but that's different. I don't actually have to kill my food in order to eat it."