Fear

March 15, 2019
7:45 pm
Berlin, Germany

" It's scorching hot over here!" Zoe yelled as soon as we stepped off of the jet. She immediately took off her sweater, and wrapped it around her waist. I did the same thing. So did the others. It was pretty hot. It felt like it was one hundred degrees. I checked my phone, and to my surprise, it was a hundred degrees.

Cyrus turned off the plane, and led us to another black van. We put our bags in the trunk, and climbed in. Cyrus hopped into the driver's seat. " I call shotgun!" Erica yelled before Alexander could. Alexander groaned.

" Alex, you always sit in the front. Let Erica have a turn. Come on, sit with me." Catherine said. Alexander sat beside her. I sat in the back with Zoe and Mike. Chip and Jawa sat in front of us. Cyrus started up the engine, and took off.

" I'm so excited! We're fighting bad guys again!" Zoe exclaimed.

" Me too. I hope we find this organization soon so we can kick their butts!" Mike said.

" Before we kick anyone's butts, we have to go over some rules." Cyrus said from up front.

He pointed to Catherine. " You are not allowed to fight in any way. No punching, no kicking, and no weapons." He said. Catherine groaned.

" Why? I know I can't punch or kick, but can I at least shoot a gun?" Catherine asked. Cyrus shook his head.

" No. I don't want you to accidentally shoot yourself or harm the baby." He said.

" Then what will I do for the entire mission?" Catherine asked.

" You will help locate this organization, and find clues." Cyrus said. Catherine sighed.

" Fine." She said.

Cyrus pointed to Alexander. " And you. You're going to have to step up your game a bit. I expect to see you fighting when it's necessary. I don't want to see you standing to the side and watching. I want you to actually fight." He said firmly. Alexander gulped.

" Ok." He said. " I'll try."

Cyrus pointed to Erica. " You're going to take your mom's place in fighting. I want you to step up your game too. That means I want to see your opponents getting knocked out in seconds. I want to see them out cold. Am I clear soldier?" Cyrus joked.

" Sir yes sir!" Erica exclaimed. She fake saluted. They both laughed at their own joke. Catherine sighed and shook her head.

" You two. Always playing around." Catherine said.

" I want you to protect your mom, and help your dad out. If either one of them is in trouble, you help them. Got it?" Cyrus asked.

" Got it." Erica said.

Cyrus pointed to us in the back. " You guys keep each other safe. No one gets left behind."

" Ok." We all said. We drove off of the airstrip, and out into the country.

Germany was very spacious. There was grass and hills everywhere. Herds of deer grazed in the fields. We drove by small towns, and we saw a lot of windmills.

The roads weren't like the roads in DC at all. Instead of ongoing lines of traffic, there were almost no cars on the road. There was no traffic whatsoever. I liked it. I could see the view, and not see a car every time I look out the window.

The hotel that we were going to was a couple hours away. So I leaned my head on my hand, and fell asleep again.

XXX