Chapter Eleven

Começar do início

   "You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?" Starscream said, attempting to intimidate us.

  Miko and I exchanged a smirk, and we began stalking forward.

   "Big whoop," She said. "My best friend here is the champion of a goddess."

   "And Miko snuffed Hardshell," I added. "I think you're out of your league now, Starscream."

   The Con narrowed his eyes, a deadly gleam in them, but neither of us moved. His gaze darted behind us before his eyes widened and he began running away.

   "Retreat!" He ordered to no one, transformed and flew off. Only then did I turn to see Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Ultra Magnus running up behind us.

   "Aw!" Miko exclaimed, causing me to look up in alarm. "They got away with the bone."

   Damn. That's two for two.

   "Hey," Wheeljack said when the three Autobots made it to us. "You brought your A-game, kids. Like a true Wrecker." He tapped his knuckles against Miko's Apex Armoured shoulder and gave me a smirk, which I nodded to.

   Wheeljack glanced between all of us, his smile becoming a sad one, and I sensed an uneasiness take over before he said, "And I want to remember us just like this." He glanced at Ultra Magnus, his smile falling completely. "Before the rust sets in."

   Then he transformed and began to drive away.

   "Wait, what?" I looked up at the others. "Did I miss something?"

   "Where's Wheeljack going?" Miko asked.

   "Solo," Bulkhead said grimly.

   "Again?" Miko demanded.

   Bulkhead's face said it all. "Jackie just broke up the band."

~~~

   "Thatwassomuchfun!" Miko exclaimed as we unboarded Ultra Magnus' aircraft, which the commander had landed behind the base. Truthfully, I didn't see the reason in taking the ship in the first place, but Miko gave me the look that told me I wasn't allowed to argue. When we walked into the base, we noticed it was unusually quiet, and Jack was pacing like a madman.

   "Did we miss something?" I looked up at Ratchet, who shook his head.

   "Arcee and Wheeljack were deployed on another recovery mission," the medic informed me. "As were Nurse Darby and Agent Fowler."

   I shot him a look. "Say what?"

   "Here they are now," he ignored me, and the ground bridge opened. Soon Agent Fowler and Nurse Darby walked through, followed by Arcee and Wheeljack. Jack ran up to his mom, wrapping her in a hug before Agent Fowler whisked her to the platform to sit down. Now I was confused, but I shook it out of my mind. Miko headed over to Jack, while I walked up to Ratchet.

   "How did the other missions go?" I asked. "Optimus' group didn't get the relic, neither did Ultra Magnus."

   "Unfortunately," Ratchet said. "It seems as though we have lost on all fronts."

   Scrap.

   A series of beeps came from the computer, taking Ratchet's attention once again, and he opened up another ground bridge. This time Optimus, Smokescreen, and Bumblebee made it through. As the younger Autobots joined up with the others, the Prime walked towards me, Ratchet, and Ultra Magnus.

   "We were unable to prevent the Decepticons from retrieving CNA from the Predacon relic," Optimus said, lowering his hand so that I could hop on before allowing me to sit on his shoulder.