Actual Chapter 2

Toby's hands were on her. Lips touching, tongues searching. You can't help but cry. You can tell it's all a dream, that none of this is real, but it hurts. It hurts like a damned knife in the side. You stare, it's all you can do. Her fingers tugging his hair. You cry out. The pain might as well be physical.

When you come to you're in tears. Where is he? Oh God... Wait, there he is. He's sitting in the chair, just sleeping. He must have stayed the night by your side. "T-Toby?" He stirs in his seat and cracks open his eyes. "H-hey [Y/n], how a-are you?" The question seems ironic, depending on the fact that you have an IV in your arm and bandages all over. "I'm okay." You answer just to amuse him. He smiles at you and you feel your heart melt.

"You look s-silly." He giggles and gestures to your hair. "You a-also look l-l-like you were crying." Toby walks over to you, twitching as he stepped. "Did you h-have a bad dream?" he asked crouching next to you. He gently pet your hair. "What's w-wrong?" You bite at your lip. You can't tell him, it'd hurt him so much. "Just a bad dream Toby."

He doesn't seem convicted but he decides not to press. He simply kisses your forehead. "Alright, my little waffle, y-you don't have to tell me."