twentytwo

Ellie's POV

Today was New Year's Eve, Layla slept longer than usual this morning meaning that me and Brad both had a little bit of a lie in.

We were now just getting ready to go out on a walk around the grounds of the resort seeing as the grounds around the tree house was large.

Once we were ready and had Layla hopped up in her coat, scarf, hat and gloves we made our way out to wonder around.

Layla insisted on walking between me and Brad, holding both our hands.

She really was tryna steal my man.

'Swing me!' She exclaimed as we walked along.

'Hold on tight.' Brad warned her as she let out an excited giggle.

'Wheeeee!' She squealed as we swung her as we held tightly onto her.

'Wad my legs are sore.' She complained as she stopped dead in her tracks.

I watched as she looked at Brad with a cheeky smile. It was her way of getting him to carry her.

'Lift her onto my shoulders.' He told me as he shook his head with a smile.

'Yay!' She shouted as she sat on his shoulder, her hands in his hair and his hands holding her legs tightly.

'Mama photo of me and Wad.' She ordered as she smiled.

'Say cheese.' I told them as I stood with my phone.

'Cheeseee!' They both shouted as they smiled widely.

'Aw that's lovely.' I showed her the photo.

'Will we take a selfie?' Brad asked her.

'Yes!' She exclaimed.

I flipped the camera and held it up, pointing to the three of us.

'Cheeseee!' Layla squeaked.

As we continued walking we came across an egg shaped swing.

'Lays look at the swing.' Brad told her as he pointed to it.

He put her down off of his shoulders and she ran to the swing.

We watched as she struggled to climb onto it, determined to do it herself.

Once she finally got up she patted the spaces next to her, 'Mama, Wad.'

We made our way over to her, I sat down and she crawled onto my lap to allow Brad to sit down.

'Mama will you have another baba?' She asked as we sat in silence enjoying the view.

I looked to Brad to see him chuckling to himself at her question.

'Maybe one day sweetie, would you like a little brother or sister?' I asked her.

'Yes!' She clapped her hands.

As the three of us sat talking we seen Nat, David, Sophia and Max walking by. They didn't see us seeing as the swing was quite hidden.

'Boo!' Layla shouted, catching their attention.

'Ah! You scared me!' Sophia said as she put her hand over her chest.

They all came over, talking of the plans for today as well as Layla showing them the swing she claimed to have found.

'I'm hungwy.' I heard Layla whisper to Brad as I was having a conversation about where we were going for lunch with Sophia and Nat as Max and David went to go for a swim before we left.