eight

It was now Sunday, today I was going over to Brad's parents house for dinner.

Brad was going to drive us over at 3PM, it was now 2:55PM and there was a knock at my door.

'Jesus you're early.' I joked as he walked it with a sarcastic smile.

'Are you ready?' He asked as he came in.

'Yeah I just need to grab her bottle I made.' I said as I rushed over to the kitchen, grabbing her bottle and putting it in the baby bag.

As I returned Brad was stood with Layla on his lap talking to her.

'Huh aren't you a pretty girl.' He spoke in his baby voice.

She cackled and tried to talk, only noises coming out.

'Yes you are, yes you are.' He said as he shook her in the air causing her to let out a wail of laughs.

'I need to grab her seat out of the car.' I told him as I grabbed the bag.

'That's no problem' he said as he stood with her and we walked to the door. 

'Do you want me to take her?' I asked.

'No it's fine, I got her.' He looked to me with a smile. I couldn't help but lean up and kiss him.

I watched as happiness took over his face before he leaned down and kissed me.

We quickly made our way down to the carpark. I opened my car and got Layla's car seat out before putting it in Brad's car.

He then laid Layla in the seat as I strapped her up. Within a minute we were on the road to Brad's parents house.

As we pulled up in a drive, I presumed to what was Brad's parents house. He stopped the engine and jumped out of the car as I followed his actions.

He lifted Layla from her seat and held her as he waited for me to grab the baby bag and also flowers I had bought as a thank you.

As we approached the door it swung open to reveal Anne Marie stood there smiling.

'Welcome, welcome, come on in!' She exclaimed as she pulled me in for a hug.

'Oh my god she is gorgeous Ellie!' She gasped as she admired Layla who Brad still held.

She guided us to the living room where another woman sat, I recognised her as Brad's older sister Natalie.

'Hello, I'm Nat. It's lovely to meet you, Brad's told me so much about you.' She said as she pulled be in for a hug.

'It's nice to finally meet you, I'm Ellie.' I introduced myself.

I turned to the door to see Brad holding Layla.

'Oh my is this your little girl?' Nat asked as I nodded.

'Aw she's adorable.' She cooed. 'What's her name?' She ask.

'Layla.' I told her as she nodded.

'Hello Layla baby, aren't you a gorgeous girl.' Nat cooed as Layla cackled.

'Hello, hello.' We turned to see Derek walking in from what I presume is the kitchen. 'How are we all?' He asked.

'Good, and you?' I asked.

'I'm fabulous.' He joked as he pretended to flip his hair.

'He did not just do that.' Brad groaned looked to Nat as they both shared the same unamused expression.

'Right dinner will be ready soon!' Anne Marie shouted from the kitchen.

Myself and Brad sat down along with Nat on the sofa, Layla was now on my knee playing with the rings on Brad's hands.