twentyseven

Brad's POV

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Why can't making music be as simple as recording the track and that's it.

I had a deadline for next week to finish a song to perfection and I was struggling.

The artist who I'm working with is no help either.

You can get artists like that in the industry. The ones who are easy to work with and then there's ones who put no effort in; you'd be better working on your own.

Today was one of those days where nothing was going right.

I've been in the studio from 9AM and it's now 7:45PM, what makes it worse is that it's a Saturday. I haven't seen Layla or Ellie all day as I was up and out to work.

As I sat stressing about which move to make next my phone buzzed.

I lifted it to see Ellie's name appear causing the first smile to form on my face all day.

Ellie- How's work? I was wondering if you're going to be home in time for dinner with me and Lays? I'm making your favourite x

I sighed, looking between the computer in front of me and my phone.

I still have a whole week to finish this track, I need to take a break seeing as nothing will come out of me sat staring at the screen for hours.

Me- Stressful. I'll be home in 30 mins max x

After I sent the message I got up and put my laptop and anything else I needed in my backpack before locking up the studio and leaving.

On my way home as I was passing Marks & Spencer's I pulled into the car park and grabbed my wallet before making my way inside.

I went to the alcohol isle and got Ellie's favourite wine before going and getting a few snacks including her favourite; Percy Pigs.

As I walked to the checkout a bunch of flowers caught my eyes. They were lily's; her favourite.

Once I grabbed a bunch and paid I made my way back to the car to go home.

Pulling up in the drive I hurried out of my car to go in and see my girls.

'Honey I'm home!' I shouted as I entered the house and walked towards the kitchen.

'Hey baby.' Ellie said as I pulled her in for a long hug. 'You look tired.' She commented as she pulled away.

'It's been a long day. I still haven't finished the song.' I complained.

'You still have a week. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just relax until Monday.' She said as she caressed my cheek.

I leaned my face into her hand, loving the feeling of her skin comforting me.

'Where's my baby girl?' I asked her as I heard Layla come into the kitchen.

'Wad!' She exclaimed as she ran towards me and jumped into my arms.

'Hello sweetie.' I placed a kiss on her forehead.

'I missed you.' She pouted.