1 || Flashback

Word Count: 1046
Enjoy~

•••••••

Y/N Meridian, head of Omniverse Enterprises. A company that rivals Funtom, as they also mass produce satisfying sweets and tremendous toys.

But in order to get where he is today, the young earl went through many hardships and troubles. Just listen as I tell the tale of Earl Meridian's childhood.

Everything was either contorted in some way or broken in another. Including every member of his family, including himself.

The average income Meridian family has just been robbed. The robbery was committed by one of Lord Phantomhive's business associates, the Lord not knowing of the mostly fatal visit Lord Midford has payed to the family.

The lone survivor of the unfortunate happenings is the youngest child, Y/N Meridian.

At the tender age of four, the strange man had broken into the house and snapped everyone's necks ot suffocated them.

Luckily, the toddler was quite smart and played dead, laying limply as the man shoved a pillow over his airways. When Midford supposed he had killed the young child he took the pillow off the toddlers face and walked away.

But about twenty or so minutes later, Y/N heard the man leave and got up from where he was almost killed.

"Mum? Papa?"
He called quietly.
"Cora... Meylie..."
He did the same with his sisters names.

After he stumbled upon their lifeless bodies, horror ensued. Quiet sobs started emanating from the boy's vocal chords, slightly itching the back of his throat.

Suddenly, a knock rang at the oaken front door. The boy quickly darted to the front of the house and grabbed his stool, peering out of the peep hole.

A strange man dressed in a black butler's uniform stood at the door, fiddling with his right hand glove.

He had beautiful reddish-orange eyes and light brown hair. Young Y/N opened the door, seeing no harm in the stranger.

"Ah! Hello young lad. Are you the one who's been crying?"

He bent down a swiped a tear off of the boy's rosy cheek.

Meanwhile in the background, A friendly red headed reaper took care of the souls. Another soon to come to collect the bodies.

"That might be me."
The young boy replied.
"Well young chap, do tell why?" The stranger requested.

"A mean old man just broke in and attempted to kill me but ended up killing everyone else... Even Arusicia, our lovely golden retriever."

The man held his hand out to the little boy. "

Well I propose an idea to you. I'll help you find this man and seek revenge. Not only on him, but all who have wronged you in the time I might be with you. Accept this proposal for only a small price. Your soul."

The young boy had no idea how much his soul was worth. He fiercely shook hands with the man, sealing the contract.

A searing feeling started etching itself into the small of his back, causing him to let a shrill cry of pain out.

The man on the other hand smiled as the same pentagramic symbol was carved into his forearm. Another contract, another soul.

He eerily smiled.

"Before we get too deep in this though, I shall tell you a bit about myself. I am a demon whom your immense emotions have summoned. Once the contract details are complete, I shall reap your soul from your body. Clear?"

The boy nodded his head, not completely sure on what the man was saying, but still listening.

"Second, I shall need a name. No demon is given a name. We are just offered the chance to live again, but at a price."

"Damien."

The small boy said.

"Excuse me?" The much older asked.

"Damien. That is what I dub you."

The boy repeated, a determined glare set in his eyes.

The demon butler, now dubbed Damien, nodded and grinned, beaconing his new master put of the death drenched flat.

~8 years later~

With Y/N now being twelve, the inheritance of the Omniverse company is becoming fruitful for the young boy.

The company was a small rival of Funtom, nothing too big. But when Funtom's owner died in a fire, the company went out of business for a while.

Meanwhile Omniverse Enterprises started seeing major increase in sales. The downfall of one company was the rise to fame of theirs.

Before long, Earl Meridian was being invited to all the largest and most festive galas and balls, despite being twelve.

Within these parties he attended, he usually managed to find at least on new business partner or someone who would help fund his company.

After about two years, he met an Earl who went by the alias of Alois Trancy.

Earl Trancy had had a rough childhood like Lord Meridian but just enjoyed being an Earl for what it was.

As bipolar and psychotic as the blonde boy may have seemed, the two made for delightful conversation partners.

A few months later, the inactive Funtom company started up again, this time under the former owners son's hand.

The remerging company broke light with the Bitter Bunnies and their taffy Bon Bons.

Competition started to rise between Funtom and Omniverse. Prices were fluxuating, trying to beat the other's price while maintaining good income.

Three months after Funtom was restarted, Earl Y/N celebrated his 15th birthday with his dear friend Alois, his butler Claude, his maid Hannah, and the triplets whom also work under him.

And of course, Damien was right by his young master's side through out the entirety of the festivities. Presents were gifted to the teenaged boy.

Stand out gifts he received were:

A new silver hunting knife, the hilt made of solid mahogany with silver engravings, obviously from Hannah.

A new coat and undershirt from Alois

And a beautifully crafted gold ring with a ruby set in the centre.

Of course from his loyal butler Damien, who knew he couldn't get his master some low quality gift.

What kind of butler would he be?

Ever since the rise of the Omniverse company, his master had been buying him summoning day gifts.

But after this wonderful and charming party, we skip to a few months later, to August 17th in the year 18xx.

That is where our story has begun.