Chapter 18

"Wake up, Cali!", my mom yelled and shook me around in bed. I opened my eyes and sighed.

        "Get out of my room.", I said and she shuffled herself out of my room and I slammed the door. I got ready for school. I went downstairs and I was about to leave the house but my mom stopped me.

        "I made pancakes.", my mom said from the kitchen and held up a plate of food.

        "Not hungry. Getting Starbucks anyways.", I said and slammed the front door  harder than I did before. I grabbed breakfast and caught up with my two friends I haven't talked to this year yet. 

        "Wait. So you couldn't be with him anymore because he got in trouble for having weed that wasn't even his?", Theresa asked while stirring her cereal around.

        "Basically.", I said and took a sip of my coffee.

        "That's stupid. Aren't you sad?", Andrea asked.

        "I honestly don't know what feeling to feel right now. There are too many.", I said and laid my head on Theresa's shoulder.

        "It's okay, Flavio. We are here for you.", Tessa said and we all laughed. Our inside jokes were the best.

        "Hey, Cali. Want to sit with me and the boys?", Waverly asked with Nash holding her hand. I looked over to the boys, who were sitting at the table across us. Jack was looking at me.

        "No thanks.", I said and turned back to Theresa and Andrea with my eyes watering. I missed Jack and when he looked at me, it reminded me that I wasn't his anymore. Waverly walked away with Nash.

        "What are you going to do about Jack?", Theresa asked. 

        "I really don't know.", I said and started to cry. I quickly walked out of the cafeteria with my hand covering my mouth. I went behind the buildings and cried. I heard someone stepping on the gravel on the floor so I quickly wiped my tears away and took my phone out to act normal. 

        "Cali?", I heard someone ask. It was Jack and the tears were coming back.

        "We can't talk.", I said and got up to walk away. He grabbed my hand from behind and I stopped.

        "Cali please. You ignored me all weekend.", he said and turned me around to look at him.

        "Jack, my dad will get a restraining order on you if you keep talking to me right now.", I said and began to cry.

        "Don't cry, you're my princess.", he said and I hugged him. He hugged me back and squeezed me.

        "Jack. I miss you so much.", I said into his chest with little sobs in between.

        "I missed you too babe.", he said and sniffled.

        "We can't talk anymore after this, I'm just saying.", I said and he pulled away from the hug.

        "No. Don't say that. It's not.", he said and shook his head.

        "My dad will kill you.", I whispered to him.

        "I will do anything to see you. You are my princess. I need you.", he said and lifted me up into the air. I smiled and kissed him.

        "Be careful around me.. Okay?", I said and he nodded.

        "Let's get out of here, yeah?", he said.

        "Are you crazy, Jack?", I asked and he didn't look like he was kidding.

        "No one has to know. Come on.", he said and took my hand.

        "Jack, I don't know.", I said.

        "You won't get caught. I promise.", he said and pouted. I figured that I should take a little break from reality.

        "Fine. Let's go.", I said. He took me everywhere and ditched school for me. Jack drove me home when it was almost 11.

        "Give me a kiss.", he said and I kissed him.

        "Thanks for today. I'll see you soon, babe.", I said and got out of the car. I walked towards my house.

        "I love you.", he yelled. I turned around.

        "Shh. I love you more.", I said and he smiled. I walked into my house and my mom was waiting for me.