Chapter -3

"How was your exam baby?", Payal asked to Harshita.

"It was good mom", Harshita replied while falling on the couch.

"Mom ,my exam was very good. Infact I completed my paper before half an hour", Diya told her mom with smile on her face.

"Whatever", Payal replied while rolling her eyes.

With a sad face Diya went to her room and changed her clothes. After half an hour when she is done with her lunch she went to Payal ' s  room were Payal is busy texting someone from her  mobile.

"Mom", Diya called Payal slowly ad she is scared of Payal' s reaction.

"What?"asked  Payal without even looking at her.

"Mom , tommorow is my maths exam and syllabus is vast so can I wash the clothes tommorow?It is ok if I don't mope the floor as I have mild fever? If i work in water my fever may increase", Diya asked with fear in her eyes and words.

"Don't give me all this excuses and go and work. If you want to study, finish your work fast and study. I don't care without you study or no but I want my work to be completed and about fever, it won't increase as even I have done all the household work when I use to get fever. So get lost from here and do your work", Payal said angrily.

With tears in her eyes Diya went from there. Until she finished the work it is already 5 and she has no energy left to study.Due to fever her eyelashes her getting heavy so she directly went and slept.

"You sleepyhead wake up. You didn't wanted to work so you were giving mom the excuse of studies but in reality you wanted to sleep", Harshita said while folding her hands near her chest.

Diya looked at the wall clock as soon as she got up and started crying. She slept for straight 3 hours were she had only planned for a nap of half an hour. She can't even say her mother that she want to study so she directly went to kitchen and helped her mother in arranging the dining table. 

Her work got over by 10 but she has no energy left in her body to study but she has to study otherwise she won't score good marks in exam and she will lose her first rank. She took her books and went and sat on her bed to study.

"If you are planning to study here then don't even think about it as I want to sleep", Harshita said while going to her bed.

Diya took her books and went and sat in living room. As the time is passing Diya's eyes are getting heavy and fever is increasing but due to the tension of studies she is forced to keep her eyes open. Finally she slept at around 2 with her head on the books which are lying on table.

"You idiotic girl , couldn't you switch off the lights before sleeping", Payal kicked Diya with her leg on her side stomach. Diya who was sleeping in sitting position fall down on the floor.

"Voh mom..." Diya tried to say but is cut off by Payal.

"Shut up and go and get ready",Payal scolded her and went to kitchen.

Diya placed her books in bag and got up from the floor and started walking towards her room.

While she is walking she felt dizziness but she ignored it and went to take shower. After getting ready she went to the living room were her dad is sitting.

"Daddy , can you please drop me to school as I am feeling dizziness and I have fever", Diya said while standing in front of her father.

"Diya , I have to go to shop early today so I can't drop you but if you are not well go in an auto", Laksh said.

"Dad if I go in auto he will take 30 rupees for one way and I have very limited amount with me this month", Diya said.

"Ok then take this 100 rupees", Laksh is giving 100 rupees to Diya but the money is snatched by Payal.

"We give you pocket money every month so you have to do your expenses from that money only and Laksh you don't give her extra money and spoil her", Payal said while giving the money back to Laksh.

Without saying another word ,Diya went from there to her school. She had only 100 rupees with her and if she spend 60 rupees in auto then she has to spend rest of her 10 days with 40 rupees only.  So she thought to go walking to school and while coming back she will come in auto.

With slow steps she reached her class just before 10 minutes of her exam to start. Even while writting the paper she is not feeling well. She tried to complete the paper on time but she couldn't even start the last 10 marks sum. She started crying but stopped when people were looking at her.

She kept her question paper and cardboard in bag and started walking but after two steps she fell down on ground.

When she got up the first thing she saw is her room. She got up and looked around indeed she is in her room. She got up from her bed and started walking towards the living room were she heared her mom and sister talking.

"Mom it's good that you did all the work today otherwise if you would have made her to do the work then she would get more fever and would be sleeping for many days", Harshita said.

"Ya beta , and you know it's better to work for 1 day then to work for a week", Payal said.

Diya went in the living room and sat on the couch.

"Mom how did I come home and what had happened to me?, Diya asked not remembering anything.

"You fainted in school so your teacher called us and told us to come to school to pick you up ", Payal said.

"And ya you won't get pocket money for 3 months as your pocket money amount went in doctors fees",Payal told her.

"Mom please don't do this mom , as I am getting older ,school expenses are also getting increased. Every month there are some or the other projects given by our teachers so my whole pocket money goes in those projects. I have not even purchased anything for me", Diya tried to make Payal understand.

"Ok I will increase your pocket money to 500 every month but then I will not buy even a single cloth for you. You have to save your own money and buy clothes for yourself",Payal said.

Diya nodded her head in a yes.

"But you are not getting this month's pocket money as your dad has paid your doctor fees",Payal told her.

"Mom give me half of my pocket money this month and other half next month", Diya said and then went again to her room.

"Mom you are too smart. You increased her money but you also told her to bear her all expenses by herself. First you would buy one dress for her every year and now you won't buy her even that ,very smart mom", Harshita said to her mom as soon as Diya left from there.

Payal just gave her a smile and resumed watching t.v.

After coming to room and laying on bed Diya started thinking how her parents differentiate between her and her sister. When her sister gets sick her medical expenditure is been paid by her parents but when she got sick she had to pay her own bill. Her parents bring new clothes for her sister in every festival and functions but she only gets one dress per year till now but from now onwards  she has to pay if she wants a dress.

*****************************Hellow guys...

How is the story? Are you enjoying reading this story?

Guys please share your views with me as I am eagerly waiting for it.

Please forgive me if this chapter is not as per your expectations. I was not in right state of mind wile writting this chapter.

Next chapter 🔜

Till then keep voting and sharing your views with me.