chapter 53

IVY'S POV
*i don't know why serena doesnt believe me. i've known her longer than she's known charles. maybe she's too far into his game but if she doesn't want help, then i can't give it to her. it was finally lunch and i walk out of class to go to my locker. i put my books away that i had out and grab my lunch. i turn around after shutting my locker and see joey looking at me. i blush and smile big as he walks over to me and kisses my forehead.*

joey- hey beautiful

ivy- hi baby

joey- how are you feeling?

ivy- i don't know. if she doesn't believe me then what's the point of helping her?

joey- you're not wrong princess

ivy- am i ever?

*i giggle and lay head on his chest. he plays with my hair and i yawn.*

joey- babe, what time did you go to sleep last night?

ivy- the same time as you. classes have just taken a lot of my energy and so has serena and charles

*he laughs while shaking his head and holds my hand, intertwining our fingers. we walk over to our lunch table and i sit across from serena while joey is across from charles. we start eating in awkward silence besides tayler and aaron talking until serena speaks up.*

serena- why did you try telling me that charles doesn't actually like me?

joey- he told me with his own words. if you would listen, you would know why.

serena- ivy, i thought you were my friend.

ivy- i am serena! if you let me help you but you don't believe me so i guess we aren't as good of friends as i though.

serena- real friends don't try to ruin relationships.

ivy- no serena. real friends help each other do the right thing.

*i finish eating my sandwich and lay my head on joey's shoulder. he plays with my hair and i yawn, closing my eyes. he looks at me as i look up at him with tired eyes and he turns his body towards me.*

joey- you look really tired princess. do you want to go home and take a nap?

ivy- i still have class

joey- you have art and math. you're good at both. i can get your homework for you

ivy- then yes. i'll text your mom

joey- i already texted her. she signed you out and she's in the office waiting. i'll walk you okay?

*i nod and grab my lunch bag, throwing it away before joey intertwines our fingers. i grab my homework out of my locker and walk with joey to the office. i rub my eyes and look around to see his mom. she hugs me and tells me that she's taking me home to get some rest.*

joey- take a nap baby. i'll be there when you wake up

ivy- okay. i love you

joey- i love you more

*he quickly kisses my lips, allowing me to kiss back before i walk out of school with jen and get in the car.*

jen- how are you feeling ivy?

ivy- really tired. this happened the last time i got sick

jen- how often do you get sick?

ivy- a couple times a year. like two or three but the sickness usually lasts about four days

jen- if you don't feel any better after your nap, you can stay home friday, saturday, sunday, and monday. is that good?

ivy- what about my classes and joey?

jen- either joey or i could get your work and joey will be okay. he won't go anywhere besides school without you unless you make him

*i nod and tiredly get out of the car once i notice we are home. jen unlocks the front door and i walk upstairs to my bedroom with a bottle of water. i change into leggings and one of joey's hoodies before putting my hair in a messy bun. i climb into my bed and pull my blankets over me, falling asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.*

JOEY'S POV
*after the last two classes, i get ivy's homework and walk to my car, seeing sophia already in there. i drive home and carry ivy's homework to her room, quietly putting it on her desk. i look over and see her sleeping. i carefully lay down next to her making sure she doesn't wake up and play with her hair. i set an alarm for practice and close my eyes, holding her close.*

{ 1 hour later }

*i wake up to my mom shaking me. i rub my eyes and look at her confused. she tells me that i need to get ready for practice and i look over at ivy still asleep. i frown and gently kiss her forehead before rubbing my thumb across her cheek.*

jen- she'll wake up joey, go get ready for practice

joey- she has a fever

jen- what?

joey- she's burning up mom..

*my mom engulfs me into a hug and i take a deep breath as i hug her back. she takes me to my room so i can get ready but i can't stop thinking about ivy. i walk back into her room after i put on my football gear to check on her and she is sitting up, rubbing her eyes. i walk over to her and sit down next to her.*

joey- hi baby

ivy- hey j

joey- how are you feeling?

ivy- i think i'm getting sick, this always happens

joey- will you be able to go to school?

ivy- i don't know baby. don't you have practice to go to?

joey- yes but i don't need to go

ivy- joey you're not missing football practice because of me. go. your mom is here

joey- okay. you don't have to wait for me to do homework

ivy- i will probably wait until after dinner

joey- i love you. i have to go

ivy- i love you more

*she kisses my cheek and i kiss her forehead before walking out of her room and shutting the door. i grab my car keys and get in the drivers seat to drive back to school. i can't get ivy being sick out of my head. i just want to stay with her and cuddle but i can't.*