chapter 42

IVY'S POV
*i woke up to my alarm blaring at 6:30 am. i rub my eyes and sit up, getting out of bed so i don't fall back asleep. i packed my backpack last night so i wouldn't stress about forgetting anything. i walk into the bathroom and turn on the curling iron. i wash my face, brush my teeth, and do my skincare before tying parts of my hair up. i start curling my hair and after 20 minutes, i'm done. i change into a black jeans and a light yellow shirt. i put on my berkenstocks and make my bed. i grab my backpack, throwing it over my shoulder before walking downstairs. i see joey and sophia already eating breakfast that jen made. i rush over to the table and sit down next to joey. after i ate, i took my anxiety medication and put my backpack back on. joey walks over to me and softly kisses me. i kiss back and smile nervously.*

joey- how are you feeling?

ivy- im a nervous wreck

jen- sophia how are you feeling?

sophia- i feel like i'm going to get lost

ivy- same here soph

*we exchange smiles and i look back at joey, seeing that he has his arms open. i hug him tightly and bury my face in his chest. he kisses the top of my head and rubs my back.*

joey- you look beautiful. just thought you should know

ivy- i only try for you

joey- wow so i don't look good?

ivy- you look very handsome birlem

*i look up at him with a big smile on my face. he smiles back and we get interrupted by sophia telling us it's time to go. joey groans out of annoyance and i giggle, taking ahold of his hand. he intertwines our fingers and we walk to the car. we get in the back seat, letting sophia be in the front. i guess joey could tell that i was nervous since he holds my hand in his lap and rubs his thumb over my knuckles. i tap my foot up and down as we pull up to the school. joey kisses my cheek softly and rubs my back. i take a deep breath before getting out of the car, waiting for him. we hug sophia as we walk different ways and he takes me to the office while holding my hand.*

principal- hello. you must me ivy. i'm principal buckingham. nice to meet you.

ivy- nice to meet you too. i was wondering if i could get my schedule?

principal- of course. here you go. joey you can show her around right?

joey- yeah that isn't a problem

*i take my schedule out of his hands while shaking and look at my schedule. joey looks at it with me as we walk into the hallway and he smiles.*

ivy- please say we have more than one class together..

joey- we have 2 together. 1st period and 7th period

ivy- joey i'm scared

*he turns towards me and takes both of my hands in his. he squeezes them softly and reassures me that everything with me okay. i nod and he leads me over to his friend group.*

JOEY'S POV
*i do a handshake with my friends and ivy stands there awkwardly since she doesn't know them. i put my arm over her shoulders and all the guys look at me with a confused face.*

joey- guys, this is ivy, my girlfriend. ivy, this is charles, aaron, zach, and cameron.

*she waves and stays quiet. they all say hi to her and i tell them i'm going to walk around with her. they understand and i walk away, with my arm around ivy.*

ivy- i'm sorry for not talking to them

joey- you don't have to apologize baby. you're nervous and i get it. they probably do too

ivy- okay but i still feel like i'm going to get lost

joey- i'll help you don't worry

*i kiss her forehead and the first bell rings. i feel her get nervous right away and i hold her hand close, walking to class with her. i walk in holding her hand and she sits down next to me. our social studies teacher walks over to us and introduces herself. ivy shakes his hand and he walks back to his desk in the front.*

joey- he's chill baby. if he knows youre nervous then he won't call on you. he'll only introduce you to the class.

*the second bell rings and everyone sits down. i hold ivy's hand under the desk and she squeezes my hand while tapping her foot.*

mr. andrew- good morning everyone. welcome back to your last year of high school. we have a new student joining us this year. ivy could you please wave.

*ivy does as he told her and everyone looks at her. i could tell she didn't like it because when everyone looked back at the teacher, she scooted her chair closer to me. we go through the whole day and ivy was quiet most of the time except when we were alone, which i understand where she's coming from. the last bell of the day rings and i rush to the front of the school so ivy won't be alone. i push the door open and see her sitting on the bench. i walk over to her and hug her from behind. she turns around and hugs me back, kissing my cheek.*

joey- how was your first day baby?

ivy- better than i expected but still nerve racking. how was yours?

joey- my favorite classes are the ones where you're with me

ivy- stoppp. seriously how was it?

joey- it was good. i missed my friends and now i get to see all of them while spending them with you

*i smile, earning a smile back from her. sophia comes up to us and sits with her arms crossed. i look at ivy and point to sophia.*

joey- is everything okay soph?

sophia- no i hate high school.

ivy- hey it was the first day. they're always rough. what happened?

sophia- i'm alone. i have no friends

joey- what happened to hannah and juliana?

sophia- they're all popular now. they won't even talk to me.

ivy- hey soph, you'll find some new friends i promise you. i have to find some too. i only have joey and his friends but i will want some friends that are girls too.

soph- are you sure i will?

joey- i'm positive.

ivy- yeah, me too.

*with that, we got in my mom's car and went back home. ivy was still trying to calm down so i take her to my room and lay down with her. i hand her a cup of water and she drinks it. i rub her back and kiss her forehead.*

joey- you did great today baby

ivy- thank you for always being there for me and routing for me

joey- anything for you