chapter 12

IVY'S POV
*i didn't fall asleep that night until maybe around 3am. i held onto the pillow all night and before i fell asleep, a few tears slipped out of my eyes. joey had texted me that he landed and that he was home. he told me to get some rest and i told the same to him. i never fell asleep though, well at least for another 5 hours. i woke up around 11:00am and looked to the side of me. for a second, i thought joey would be there but when i looked over and saw his hoodie over my pillow i remembered. i took a deep breath and grabbed my phone. i had a bunch of text messages from joey.*

text messages:

joey- good morning princess💘

joey- i love you so much

joey- i hope you slept well

joey- i miss you

joey- kissessss😘

ivy- good morning bub💗

joey- hi babyyyyyy!

ivy- heyy i love and miss you more. how is home?

joey- it's good. did you just wake up?

ivy- yeah.

joey- how late did you stay up?

ivy- uhhh 3😬

joey- sleep earlier tonight okay?

ivy- i'll try baby.

joey- okay good. facetime?

ivy- yes please. i miss your voice and face :(

joey- awe i love you.

ivy- i love you more.

*the facetime call shows up on my phone and i answer immediately. his face brightens up, causing me to smile back. i got ready while he watched me. i left my phone on the bathroom counter when i showered not wanting him to see anything. once i got dressed i picked my phone back up and made a silly face. he made one back and we both laughed.*

joey- are you going to see your sister today?

ivy- i'm going to see if she's awake so yeah.

joey- do you want me to stay on the phone when you go?

ivy- yeah probably.

joey- okay.

*i walked downstairs and set my phone up on the counter where i could make myself breakfast while joey could still see me. i poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and sat down on the counter. i ate my cereal while joey and i talked about all sorts of things.*

ivy- babe you should tell me about your family.

joey- are you sure? we're kinda crazy.

ivy- just tell me. you're crazy too.

*we both laugh softly as he starts explaining.*

joey- well i have a little brother, kashius and he's still a baby. i have a little sister, sophia and she's 14. then there's me, the best one. i have a big sister, bella and she's 20. there's also scotty and he's older too.

ivy- that's a lot.

joey- yeah it really is. but bella and scotty don't live here anymore so it's not that crazy in the house anymore.

ivy- well that's nice. that it's not always crazy.

joey- yeah but sophia and bella are really close so it can be hard for them.

ivy- i understand that.

*i finished my breakfast and joey finished telling me about his family. his family seems to always be there for each other. i wish that's how mine was but, my parents left me and my sister. now my sister is in the hospital so i'm all alone.*

JOEY'S POV
*ivy seemed really interested in my family and i already tell them so much about her. they really want to see her but i know it'll probably be overwhelming since there's so many of us. i really want to hold her again but i have to wait and stay strong for her. she put her shoes on and an uber arrived at her house. she put her headphones in so she could still talk to me. i'm really glad she did because i don't want her to go to the hospital alone and find out something that can hurt her.*

ivy- joey what if something bad happened?

joey- don't think that way princess and if something did, you can talk to me about it.

ivy- okay..

joey- i know it's hard baby but you can try to be strong for her. that's what she would want.

ivy- yeah i know..

joey- good.

*she got out of the uber and i watched her walk through the entrance of the hospital. she took one of her headphones out as she asked the front desk about her sister. they said that they might need to stop the life support because it's been so long. i saw the tears form in her eyes as she walked to her sister's hospital room.*

joey- baby take a deep breath. if you want to be alone with her i understand.

ivy- i'll call you later..

joey- okay. that's okay. i love you so much.

ivy- i love you too..

*she waved and gave me a small smile before hanging up. i feel so bad for her. she doesn't deserve to go through anything like this. i wish i was there with her. i need to help her somehow. i don't know how she's going to react. about 2 hours later, i was downstairs with my family when i heard my phone ringing. my mom excused me since i told her what was happening. i ran upstairs and grabbed my phone after shutting the door. i accepted the facetime call and it was ivy. she was laying in her bed, in the dark and i heard her quiet cries.*

joey- baby baby baby talk to me.

ivy- i can't be alone anymore.. she didn't respond to anything when i talked to her.. i don't know what to do anymore. it's only getting worse.

joey- take deep breaths. stay on the phone with me okay? i told my mom about everything that's happening in case i needed to go back to you or something like that.

ivy- okay..

*i heard her take deep breaths. i talked softly to her as i tried to calm her down. she wiped her tears and blew her nose then looked at me. she looked so sad, i didn't like it at all.*