Chapter 3: The Trip

"You really sure, you won't give her to me?" Edmund whispered while we where driving to the busy part of the town while Xia is at the back seat staying silent,"I can give you a good looking god childrens in less than a year, she's a 10 for me." he then lean back to the passenger seat and winks at me. Pffft Jerk!

"Shut up Edmund, one more shitty word and I'll kick your ugly ass outta my car." I whispered through my gritted teeth glancing up to Xia using the rearview mirror to check if she heard anything.

"Alright, alright." releasing a sigh, he raised his hands to the air in defeat and gladly shuts up.

As soon as we reached the busy market, Xia had that wide beautiful smile plastered all over her face, those smiles I only see when she's playing with the waves by the bay every sunsets.
We went inside the different stores, meet some people and lastly we visited Mr.Jack's small café, we decided sit there for a little while to rest before going home.

"So Xia, any plans on staying here forever?" Edmund asked her before sipping up his latté.

"Forever sounds lovely but that's too long for me." she stated with a low voice.

I stopped sipping my coffee and looked at her questioningly, what does she mean by that? She has plans on leaving? That thought alone saddens me I didn't thought about her leaving again or at least that's what I wanted for her to do. Stay.

"Are you planning to move out again?" I asked her, matching the tone she used.

"I'm staying here until I can go somewhere permanent and peaceful." she adverted her gaze to the people outside the café.

"Dude, you sound like dying." Edmund blurted out while chuckling a bit.

I don't if it's just me but I really noticed her sudden shift of demeanor, Xia froze from her seat and dropped her cup of tea on the floor, breaking it into pieces, spilling the tea on her white jeans, the fear and pain crossing in her eyes was transparent like a wall she built up goes down a while making me see through her, but in just a second she was able to hide it again, strange.

"Oh god!" she stand up from her seat looking at the broken tea cup on the floor. "I'm so, so sorry." she then attempted to pick up the broken porcelain pieces on the floor but Mr.Jack was quick in our side.

"If I were you, I'll move away from the fragments." Mr.Jack approached her holding a broom and a rusty dustpan on each of his hands with a kind smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Mr.Jack, I'll just pay for the damages." she bowed her head and step out from her seat.

"Naaah it's just a cup I got hundreds of it." he then start cleaning up the floor.

"But..." she tried to insist.

"Let it go, young lady you don't have a job to pay for a cup."

"I can work for you Mr.Jack..." she insisted with a sincere look on her eyes.

Edmund cleared his throat to remind us that theres a lot of people eyeing us at the cafe already, taking the qeue I reached for Xia's shoulder and nod telling her it's okay. She slowly nods back and sat back to her chair again. Still worry lingering in her eyes.

"Well... Xia you can work for me, I already have a job for you." Edmund winked at her. Pervert alert.

"What job exactly, Edmund?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Oh you know Mid-night jobs. Graveyard shift." he then gave me a dirty grin and laugh.

"What will I be doing?" Xia asked innocently, wtf?! srsly?