"Yes, I'm asking you. I'm going to dinner at your house, I need to know if I'm, you know, dressed appropriately," Nico replied, shrugging. The little crease in his brow and the way his blue eyes darted off to the side of the camera to glance at his figure in the mirror made my heart squeeze tightly.

"Nico, you don't have to, um, "dress appropriately", Nico. It's just a casual dinner," I said, hand pressing against my racing heart to try and still it. 

"It's not..." Nico said, giving me a pointed look. "I'm meeting your family, Wes. It's important, especially since they don't really like me." Nico's mouth turned down at his own words, his camera switching away from his face as he seemingly threw it onto his bed. I heard the sound of fabric swishing, the white button down Nico had been wearing flying off the corner of the screen.

"Wait, I'm going to try on something else," Nico called loudly, and I stifled my snort, a little giddy.

"Nico," I spoke back, the top of his head peeking through the bottom of his camera. "I wanna see you."

"You wanna see me?" Nico asked, grinning. Slowly moving his body up, revealing the slope of his neck and the beginnings of his now bare chest, Nico wiggled a brow teasingly. "What exactly do you want to see, Wes?"

Gulping, I glanced around the dining room before quickly darting up to my room. I didn't need Jamie or mum to see me talking to my half naked boyfriend, who was hinting at my desire for a pre-dinner striptease.

"What are you willing to show me?" I asked, my grin mirroring Nico's as his phone dipped down slightly to reveal the chiseled indentations across his abdomen. 

"Someone wants dessert a little early, hm?" Nico said, making me blush. Suddenly pulling his phone up closer to his face, blue eyes, shining, Nico's eyes softened. "But sorry, babe. I can't really meet your family with a boner. Now, is this shirt better, or this one?"

Groaning at my boyfriend's stinginess, I glanced between the two shirts Nico was holding - both button downs, and things he would look good in, though they weren't things that he would usually wear. Nico rarely wore shirts with long sleeves, either because his body usually ran hot and he wanted to display the inkings he had lining his arms. He only wore jumpers and coats when it was genuinely cold out, but when he was inside and warm they immediately came off. And now, here he was, wearing these restricting shirts because he thought they were "appropriate" for me. For my family. For us.

"Nico," I said, looking at my boyfriend fondly. Hearing the change of tone in my voice, Nico stopped staring at the shirts in his hands to look at me, head cocking to the side curiously. "You don't have to wear anything special, or... "appropriate". Just wear what you usually wear, that's more than enough." Nico opened his mouth, clearly to retort, but I shushed him with a short laugh. "Please?"

Nico looked at me for a long second, before sighing, throwing his shirts across the room. 

"Fine," Nico sighed, giving me a pointed look, before running his fingers through his dark hair. "Do I need to do my hair?"

"Nico," I groaned. "You look good already, seriously calm down." My own words didn't even register until Nico chuckled, letting out a smug sound of affirmation.

"So honest today, babe," Nico teased, making me huff, though I couldn't stay too mad at him when he was smiling at me like that.

"Okay, shut up asshole. If you don't leave now you're going to be late," I said, a little glimmer of mischief in my voice. "And my mum doesn't like people who aren't punctual..."

"You're telling me now, Wes? Seriously?" Nico swore, giving me a look as I watched him hastily stride towards his wardrobe to pull out a fresh T-shirt. "Okay, I'm going to get ready. See you soon, babe."