Chapter 1: I Blew Up a Dinosaur!

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, Jessica was able to "kill" whatever this creation really was. Headless, the body of the dinosaur fell to the ground.

Jessica walked over to me, saying over and over, "That was so awesome, that was so awesome..." Finally about two feet from me, she looked up. "Guessing they gave up after sending that thing, but to be sure..."

I tapped my wrist device looking at a small screen on it. It was a grid display showing electronic signatures in the area, including those generated by living creatures. "Yep, just you, me, Xao, Jaden, and the kid- best I can tell anyway." Jessica turned from me and waved in the air at one of the trees.

A teenage boy jumped down from one of the large branches, carrying a preteen boy on his shoulders. "OW!" The child screamed. "I crushed my arm remember?" he snapped.

The teen cringed. "In my defense, if I climbed down that might hurt more," the preteen gave him a lazy-eyed stare. "Might have..."

The kid sighed. "Thanks for saving me guys and, of course, the obvious question- what was ANY of that?"

I shook my head. "Well, Leprechauns- the aliens that attacked you- yes aliens-, they use biological creations over technological ones. Not as much of an advantage as they seem to assume but it's always a weird fight gotta give em' that... With us... where do we start?"

"What's your name?" Jessica shot in.

"We already know his name," I said.

"Hush, I'm introducing everyone- custom dictates I ask him his name first," she shot back. I shrugged.

"I'm Bart," he said. Bart was a brown-haired preteen. He was dressed in white pajamas with different balls from several sports decorating them. Well, his pajama bottoms anyway, the top was missing. We had given him a red coat which had helped him stop shivering. Best I could tell he was around five feet tall so a little tall, given I knew he was only eleven. Poor kid did have early acne though, there were more than a couple zits on his face.

Jessica stuck out her hand and they shook. "Yeah, that's probably a better nickname for Bartholomew than what I came up with," she admitted.

"What... what did you come up with?" he asked.

"Bartholly!" Jessica said. "You like it?!" Her eyes went wide with hope.

Bart blinked a few times. "No," he just said simply.

"You'll always be Bartholly to me," she mumbled in response, a little dejected. "I'm Jessica," Jessica began anew, pointing a thumb at herself. "I'm the muscle of the group!" Our resident goof opened her arms and bowed.

Jess looked about seven years old with raven black hair, pale skin, and freckles on only one side of her face. Jessica decided to wear her now I guessed iconic red shirt and bright green pants that made me wonder if I had missed Christmas coming up. She continued. "Myself, Xao, and Kyle are all from another world. We're from a race called Pharaohs that can command electricity in our own bodies and we age super slow- explains why I'm so mature right?"

Bart shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"The most mature person you've met I'm sure," I said, shaking my own head.

"Kyle here is my former employer, but a lot of stuff happened, and... now he's just kinda my brother slash best friend. Figure out how that works and you get a prize." I bowed, the motion helping me keep warm, instead of small amounts of my electricity.

I looked about five, pale, and my own hair was raven black too, but I had no freckles. I dressed more normally, a blue open vest, red shirt, and blue jeans. Jess continued her introduction. "He likes to tinker. Finally got that wrist device of his working like a month ago." I held up my wrist showing him what looked like a large metal bracelet with an over-sized watch face. "Looks like a watch I know but no matter how hard Kyle tries he never can get it to tell time." I had never even wanted it to do that... "Go ahead explain your baby," Jessica said, jumping back because jumping was needed.