003

Is there really a method on dealing with heartbreak? Nah not really. People deal with this kind of stuff differently that's why at times it's better to deal with it alone than try and ask for advice, then force yourself to deal with it the way the next person has. Though I'd still say crying is good at such times, it's an outlet not only for your tears pumping out some dirt from your body but crying is an outlet for bottled up feeling that cleanses the body and gives way for healing. However just because you've cried don't mean all those feelings you once had completely disappear, no dear healing doesn't happen overnight. Though it does initially come and along with it forgiveness if you ever felt wronged. But then again , do not force yourself to get over over someone until you're really ready to let go because that has major bounce back issues.
You can force yourself to get over someone to the extent of pressuring your mind to tell you what you need to hear. But suppressing feelings won't make them disappear. They'll come back stronger <think of it as a boomerang > . It's okay to grieve and take time. People heal differently and there's no specified time for it.

Kendra POV

On my alone time I'd work on my portrait. I was aiming for perfection and I was determined to get it right. I was pushing myself for only I knew about it. I hyped myself when need aroused and criticized myself when necessary.

"Hey zacky," I almost jumped out of my skin as I scrambled to cover my portrait .

"Sheesh dude you scared the living daylights out of me."

"I'm sorry but I had a feeling you'd cover your work as soon as I made my presence known. It really is a nice piece, why all the secrecy ?"

"It's really none of your business," then after a heartbeat, "cousin."

Then we started laughing, "I can't believe the people bought that story."

"Well I'm sure it's coz you're too pretty to be a liar , what are you Latino?"

"No actually I'm from Spain originally though my parents relocated to the States when I was born. Now on the other hand , everyone seems to know everything about you already and your 'cousin' is in the dark," I pouted.

"Okay, here's what I've already told people so far, we'll my parents are alumni which is true and my dad sits on the governing board of this school this I did not tell anyone."

"Oh so that's how you managed to get a place after official recruitment?"

"Look, I like most people here all my life I dreamt of coming here. My parents were always telling me stories about this place and all and it helped that they were here at different times-"

"Uh I kinda told people that your parents were high school sweethearts so... yah you know."

He laughed, " Okay. Well back to my story, I didn't make the cut at the official recruitment. It hurt my parents but more so it hurt me that I wasn't good enough for my dream school."

"So how did you end up here?"

"Well, pulling some strings I guess. I had to get over the heartbreak then three days ago my dad just came back home and said 'son, pack up you're going to Moonlock and don't question it," he shrugged, "my dream had come true who was I to question it."

"Oh wow that must be nice."

"Not as nice as the painting you just hid from me," big mischievous smile on his face.

"Uh I think it's time we both get out of here, aren't you supposed to be catching up on your studies or something? I know I'm supposed to be studying," I said pulling the reluctant dude over to the door.

"Tamaya, I thought you was on a diet."

"Bich mind your business ," she said smiling, "I've been reading and well I learnt that I should embrace my body , no more dieting for me babe."

"Am I allowed to say I told you so?"

"Shut up Dave!" Tamaya and I said simultaneously.

Dave shrugged, "Okay okay , just that I did tell her to embrace her body and she refused to listen. Now just coz some famous author said it she decided to pay heed to her instead of having listened to her friend to begin with ."

"Like you're listening to me when I tell you to stop bandaging that zit beside your eye, dude the kinda attention you're giving it is the exact reason why it's still there," snapped Tamaya.

"Hey, that's not nice ,"

The bickering idiots made my life worth living. I loved them as fiercely as they loved to argue . Though it did get tiresome after a while.

"Okay, group hug everyone," I said engulfing them both, "I love you both so much, so please kill each other after I die"

_______

A/N: I hope you're warming up to the characters. Which one is your favorite so far 🙃?

And don't forget to
•vote
•comment
•share