002

Generally I've always been that one person who misused the word 'insane' . For instance I always thought talking to yourself in the mirror was ' insane' . I know right , why would you be talking to your own mirror image 🙄 crazy right ? But it was because I hadn't understood the concept of the man in the mirror. It's more than just talking to your reflection. It's more of your reflection which you can physically see talking to the you you cannot see. Speaking to the inner you . You can't lie to you no matter how hard you try but at times it really helps to physically see someone telling us what we don't wanna hear. So who better to tell you about your own vices or really encourage you when you're having that stage fright you never told anyone about for instance but yourself. So this is the part where you go in front of the mirror and have a chat with the person in the mirror . Try it sometime, it's still 'insane' 🤪 but liberating too.

Kendra POV

Yep , I was late for the damn History lesson and got myself an appointment with the master time pusher, Detention 😕.

After lunch I went to look for Mr Carol who'd told me to come see him for my detention then. It was a bummer really because I got to miss my pedicure date with Dave and Tamaya.
I found him his back to me at the academy's main entrance and just my luck 🤦🏻‍♀️ with Principle Philips too. That woman was as sweet as a Cheshire Cat. The epitome of elegance, her presence alone was intimidating and she was one of those people who could say a lot without saying a thing. And to top it off she knew everyone and everything about everyone. An invite for a cup of tea in her office meant good news, however an invite for 'a glass...' meant oh boy , better run. Basically reporting for detention in her presence was literally the the 6th portal of hell.

"Mr Carol sir. Afternoon Principal Philips."

"Afternoon Miss Cloud, nervousness is really a becoming color on any of our students and worse yet for such a good actress," that was Pricipal Philips in a low voice.
Then in a loud one,
"Oh don't worry Mr Cool, you'll be in very good hands here , one of our best actresses Moonlock's very own Miss Cloud right here will show you around the academy and answer any questions you have . Then she'll lead you back to Mr Carol here when you're done. Take your time and welcome to your new home away from home."

"Thank you Ms Philips, I've always wanted to be part of your moons-"

"It's Principal Philips, okay boy?"

"Yes , ma'am , sorry Principal Philips."

New student , mmm. Caramel skin , height up to standard, eyes hazel _mmm favorite ice cream flavor. Cool accent , was that Spanish, Russia , Mexican perhaps? Did those even have a link? Oh well , he was quite some eye candy which meant I had to keep my distance or be an awkward stuttering mess. Which was just my luck right😕 I had to show him around.

"Jacob Cool," he held out his hand putting a stop to my vetting process . I took it with grace aware that four more pairs of eyes were looking at this (oh yah, Jacob Cool's parents were behind him)
So I did what I do best in this life , gave him a warm but not too friendly smile , like I'd rather be here than back with my friends hearing an impersonation of Kim Kardashian by Dave .

"Miss Kendra Cloud, shall we?" I gestured to the school.

"Yes please, you may lead."

I did my curtsy , "Excuse us," then walked away from the adults with Jacob Cool at my heels.

A little distance out of earshot ,
"Phew , let's start again, I'm Jacob Cool music and video producer but please or rather I insist you call me Jake."

I wasn't stopping my acting any time soon. I was merely playing the part of a good fellow student eager to show the new guy around and make sure he had a good impression of the academy at large not the girl who'd just had her detention postponed.