Chapter 9: Playing House

A/N: Hey guys! As I've said before I'm super sorry about how the amount of time it takes for me to get each chapter out. So as an apology here is the longest chapter yet!
((Reminder that this chapter takes place around March, 2013))

I snuggle deeper into the warmth surrounding me, still half asleep. A hand trails through my hair, fingers combing though dirty blonde locks.

"Morning princess." Cry teases, and I let out a small groan in response. He laughs, and I sit myself up in his lap.

"How long was I out?" I ask him.

"'Bout two hours." he says before lightly kissing my cheek.

"Which makes it..?"

"Almost 4."

I groan and flop back down onto his torso, and he let's out a small chuckle before giving me a light squeeze.

Eventually the TV is turned on and I nuzzle my face into Cry's chest. I focus my ears on the programming, and it's some kind of documentary, which is easy enough for me to understand.

All too soon Cry is prodding my side, trying to convince me get up. I smack his hand away, and grumble incoherent refusals. It isn't until he threatens to push me off the couch that I finally detach myself from his body. I stretch as soon as I'm upright, folding my hands together pushing up my arms. I let them flop to my sides and call Ellie. The guide dog rushes excitedly to my side.

"Cry?"

"Hmm?"

"Where would I find Ellie's food?" I question.

"Oh it's- I'll grab it for you." He offers, and I gladly accept. I follow him into the kitchen, my hand trailing on the wall. I hear the rustling of the bag, and seconds later it's shoved into my unexpecting arms. I grip the bag and catch my balance before giving my housemate an unsure smile. I plop the bag beside Ellie's food dish, which Cry informs the the location of. I unzip the top of the bag and reach in. I grasp around until my hand clutches hard plastic, and I use it to scoop a cup of kibble out of the bag. I pour it into my dog's dish, flinching only slightly at the loud bangs the metal dish makes as the food falls, and scoop one more cup.

"What would you like for dinner?" Cry asks as the fridge door opens. I think for a moment, but nothing comes to mind. I choose the simplest meal to prepare I can think of.

"Kraft Dinner?" I suggest. After I few moments of silence I remember that for some goddamn reason the name is different in the US.

"Oh. I mean Kraft Mac and Cheese."

"Ooooh, alright." Cry responds. I hear the shuffling of feet and the rustling of shelves and drawers. Cry suggests that I go sit, and since I'm quite useless in the kitchen, I agree. I plop myself back on the couch, the sound of advertisements coming from the TV. The sounds of the classic gameshow Jeopardy fill the living room. I lean back and close my eyes, listening as the contestants tried their best to answer correctly. Halfway through double Jeopardy the couch groans beside me and a warm bowl is pushed into my hand. I thank the man beside me before stabbing a forkful of the noodles. As I begin eating the pasta, the game show comes back from commercials. As the round of double Jeopardy drags on, Cry and I become more engaged. By the time the board is halfway cleared, we're screaming guesses at the TV through mouthfuls of out meal.

We spend our night skimming the channels, stopping each time we find something interesting. By the time we finally decide to call it a night my head is resting on his shoulder and my entire upper body is leaning against his. It's nice how comfortable it is, it isn't weird and it doesn't feel like I'm overstepping any boundries, which is definitely what I expected it to be like. The moment Cry told me I kissed him my heart had dropped to my stomach. I thought things were going to get extremely awkward between us, but I'm glad they didn't.

We walk together up to our rooms, and he kisses me goodnight before I retreat into my room. I can hear water rushing in the bathroom, so I take my time undressing and putting on my PJs.

When he's done in the washroom it takes me less then ten minutes to complete my nightly routine, and I cautiously make my way to my room, one hand sliding along the wall to guide me. Once I'm in my room I crawl into bed and snuggle down between the sheets. Thankfully I'm exhausted and the sounds of the traffic outside quickly lull me to sleep.

~~~

"We should do something." Cry suggests as the episode of 'How it's Made' I had forced him to watch came to an end.

"What, like a date?" I tease, turning to face him and suggestively wiggling my eyebrows.

He lets out a chuckle. "More like a late night adventure." He corrects before leaning over and kissing the tip of my nose.

"Come on!" He chirps excitedly, grabbing my hand and dragging me off the couch.

"Alright! I'm coming!" I complain as I gain my footing.

Less than a minute later I have my shoes on and Cry grabs my hand and excitedly leads me out the door. He opens the passenger door for me and I climb in, closing the door after me. I hear Cry's door slam, and the engine start, and once we're moving, I decide to ask what the plan is.

"It's a suprise!" He says, his excitement leaking into his voice.

It takes less than ten minutes for us to arrive at the surprise date location. Once the car is parked, Cry walks over to the passenger side and helps me out. With my hand in his, he leads me to wherever we're going.

As soon as Cry opens the building's door, I know where we are thanks to the overwhelming buttery scent of popcorn in the air.

"The movies? Wow Cry, I didn't realize you were so cliche." I tease. He jokingly shushes me, and prods my side with his elbow.

"What movie are we gonna see?" I ask as we get into line for our tickets.

"Whatever's playing next..." he pauses for a second before finding the answer. "The Croods" he tells me.

"Should be fun." I say before turning to smile in my date's direction.

It only takes a couple of minutes for us to reach the front of the line, and Cry politely greets the cashier.

"How can I help you?" asks the cashier, who I presume is female due to the feminine pitch of her voice.

"Two adults for 'The Croods'," He tells her. "Also do you have described video?"

As soon as the question leaves his mouth my lips form into a small smile.

"We sure do!" The lady says enthusiastically. Seconds later Cry places a small audio player and a pair of headphones into my hands. We thank the cashier and Cry leads me to the concession stand. There's no line and Cry quickly orders a large popcorn and a large drink. He asks me what I would like to drink, but I assure him whatever he wants is fine. He grabs our order, which occupies both his hands. It only takes a few seconds for us to work out a solution for this small problem, and I hold onto his wrist so he can lead me to the theater our show is in.

According to my date, the theater is almost completely empty, so we have our pick of seats. Cry chooses chairs and we sit down. We chat until Cry tells me the movie is starting, and I pop my earphones in. When my earphones are in comfortably I snuggle up to my boyfriend as much as the theater chairs allow and rest my head on his shoulder, happier than I can remember being in a long, long time.