Chapter Seventeen

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

-William Shakespeare

°○Chapter Seventeen○°

Sybil woke up, eyes groggy as she rubbed the sleep from them, she blinked rather dumbly at the bright morning sunlight which filtered through the drapes in her room. Sleep was not something that often whisked her away, yet it seemed with Crowley around it came as naturally as breathing did even though it was not truly needed.

It took a while for her surroundings to register, yet when they did she couldn't stop the blush that deepened on her cheeks.

In her sleep she had ended up ontop of Crowley, however she noticed he did not seem to mind as one of his arms rested across her lower back. Biting her lower lip she moved in an attempt to get off him, but froze when his grip tightened. Blush deepening she glanced up at his face, finding him still asleep.

'Figures I would not be able to move, without potentially waking him up, I will die inside if he wakes up finding us like this. Never mind that what if Ferid sees? He has a knack for bad timing.' She grumbled to herself.

True however, Ferid had proved on more than one occasion that a mere door would not stop him, nor would he knock in his own home if he was looking to walk in on something inappropriate. She rolled her eyes at the thought of how he would overreact to her current position, before the body below hers shifted bringing her thoughts back to him.

She eyed him carefully. From his bed head, two toned hair which was sprawled all over the pillows, to his pale skin, which was still a few shades darker in comparison to hers. Thick lashes rested delicately on strong cheek bones. And then she met ruby eyes which mirrored her own.

She was shocked, squirming slightly as she tried to move away, when a laugh rumbled through the man below her and he simply pulled her closer, tangling a hand in her hair.

"Don't look so stressed out." he teased.

"I'm not, I just don't need Ferid barging in and seen us like this." She pouted.

Her statement was met with another laugh, however Crowley made no move to let her go. "Let him see, we can always correct him if we need to, as is this is a nice change to the usual of me using your lap as a pillow."

"But...." she pouted, conceding when she realized that he wasn't planning on letting her move anytime soon. "Fine but you can deal with him." she grumbled out.

"So tell me, when are you planning on going to Europe?" He smiled toying with her hair.

"Well if I wasn't kidnapped, I suppose I would have left by the end of the week. Ferid knows though that I never leave without saying something so he should have been extra suspicious of the note." she sighed. "I was going to go and then return once the war was sort of done with." she shrugged.

"You really want no part in it?" he asked.

"Why would I?" She leaned on her elbows as she stared down at him. "It goes against my morals. My people need to see that I am alright and that I still have thier interests in mind, the last thing I want is any form of civil uprising, some of my elders don't agree with my views and they would try and force thier hand without me been around."

"Then let me accompany you back. I won't be able to stay long, but atleast I will know you reached Europe without a hassle." He smiled. "If really needed I could always send Horn and Chess to you."

Sybil laughed. "Hmm I don't think the life style there would suit them too well seen as alot of the vampires and humans treat each other as equals. I can't see them tolerating having a human speak to them so freely." she shook her head as she smiled.

"I'm sure they are pretty adaptable." he teased. "I know it will be a big change for me as I have always been in situations where humans are treated as the inferior race. Livestock." he hummed.

"I'll be there beside you, so don't worry." she laughed, near jumping out her skin when the door was flung open and a familiar head of silver hair entered the room.

"Aha!" he exclaimed. "I knew something was off when I picked up both of your scents in the same room." He pointed and accusatory finger at the two.

Sybil felt her face flare as she tried to scramble off Crowley, yet all he did was tighten his hold on her, his face maintaining a lazy look as he rested his gaze on his friend.

"Don't worry, you said I was to deal with him, so I've got this." Crowley hummed as he toyed with her hair. "Ferid, nothing was missed, if anything you just ruined the mood."

Ferid seemed to ponder what his old friend had said before realization dawned on his features. "Oh, oh my, I apologize, you may continue what ever it was you were about to do." he grinned slamming the door shut behind him.

Sybil cringed at the suggestive tone he had used, being unable to do anything as the color of her face rivalled that of a beet.

She watched as Crowley gazed at her, a playful smirk toying on his lips. "I said I would deal with him, I did not say how." he laughed.

Cringing more she shoved her face in the crook of his neck, huffing out in her flustered state. "If I wasn't so damn fond of you I'd kicked you out my room."

Her muffled statement was met by another deep, meaningful laugh that shook her to her core. "Don't worry your majesty, I'm sure I would very much enjoy any punishments you decide to dole out." he teased.

She gave him a pensive look, chewing on her bottom lip as she did. She didn't miss when his gaze zoned in on her lips, ruby eyes going a shade darker. She knew what was coming, but she was uncertain if she was ready for anything outside of ruling a faction and potentially trying to swerve been a bystander in a war she wanted no part in.

She watched as he smirked at her, toying with her hair before pressing a kiss to her temple. "Don't worry, I'll wait for you." he murmured out.

Sybil felt her eyes widen as she glanced at him. "You didn't just fish around in my mind?" she narrowed her eyes at him watching as he laughed again.

"You have my word, now, we should get something into you, we cannot have you as vulnerable as you were when you were taken so, even though you wish not to drink blood daily, you're going to have to." he stated, his resolve steeled.

"You seem rather brave bossing a queen around." she smirked, challenging him.

"Only when she is stubborn and things are for her own good." he chuckled giving her rear a playful smack.

Sybil felt her jaw fall slack as she gaped at Crowley who grinned at her like a cheshire cat.

Plotting her revenge she smirked, pressing her lips to his neck before nipping his ear playfully, feeling how his body stilled as his breath caught in his throat. Seen her gap she rushed off him laughing out as she glanced over her shoulder at him. "Revenge is always sweet." she hummed before she vanished down the long passage.