Chapter Five

"Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires."

-William Shakespeare

A few centuries had passed and Sybil had found herself alone once Rígr had deemed her capable enough to hold her own. She was Queen of Europe and even though her faction was small, she ruled it fairly.

She had taken up residence in her old palace, changing things around somewhat until everything was to her taste.

She walked through the quiet halls reminiscing of the times passed and how things had changed so drastically. She may have had some regrets but there was nothing she could do, immortality had treated her well. But there was something that lacked in her existence. Something some seemingly craved for, but it seemed out of reach for her.

She glanced out her windows as she looked over her kingdom, somewhat bored with the routine she found herself in. Her reputation was a fairly good one seeing as she had willing humans who would provide blood for her kin. In repayment for thier cooperation she allowed them to live freely.

Well aware that many of the other vampires seemed to disagree with how she ruled her faction, she didnt care at all as she showed that there could be a coexistence between vampires and humans even though the aristocracy were vampires.

Sybil wondered about the vampires she had met, vampires sired by Rígr, one she was not particularly fond of was named Ferid. He had stayed with her for some time but the man caused more problems than anything else making it clear that he disliked the peacefulness of her faction.

Walking to her chambers she looked at the invitation, sighing out, Krul Tepes wanted all the nobility to travel to Japan.

Calling upon one of her human servants she turned to face them. "Lilly I need you to pack a bag for me, I will be travelling to Japan in the morning."

"Yes mistress, is there anything else?" she asked.

"No, that will be all, thank you." she hummed as she bathed and readied herself for bed, a menial human task which she could never bring herself to give up.

Sitting in her bed she brushed out her long, silky locks. Rígr had always loved how she looked with long hair, so over the centuries she had kept it long. She stared at the ruby eyes which stared back at her, averting her gaze back to her lap.

She missed the emerald green that once greeted her back when she looked in a mirror. She supposed she would have to abandon that part of her humanity the day she nearly died as a vampire.

She had starved herself, refusing to take blood from humans, until the fateful day a hunter had tried to kill her. She guessed she had Rígr to thank as he killed the hunter then gave her the body to drink from, telling her bluntly that she would die if she did not pull the proverbial stubborn stick out her ass and do what nature intended them to do.

"I wonder what awaits me in Japan, it has been a while watching the world change these last 700 years." she hummed out. "Maybe I will find a lover." she joked at her own reflection.

If there was one thing about the 21st century that left Sybil anxious it was planes. The modern world had brought alot of wonderful enhancements for which she was eager to learn about. But she could never get over the sensation of flying in an airplane.