Chapter Eleven

"I want you to believe...to believe in things that you cannot."

-Bram Stoker, Dracula.

'Don't look at me with those sultry eyes.' She thought to herself as she glimpsed at the built vampire. 'I can't afford to have you figure out what I am thinking of, it would be the death of me.' She whispered delicately under her breath. 'I want to be yours so badly, but would you have me?'

Sybil and Crowley had been spending more and more time together and Sybil found that she was rather addicted to his company.

No, addicted was not the correct description of how she felt.

She was intoxicated by the entirety that was him.

She had been forced to watch him fight from the side lines with the war, her generals had after all been needed. She admired how Crowley and how he would pick his opponents, only choosing those he knew would fair somewhat decently against him in battle.

She admired how elegantly he fought. The centuries had been kind on him as he mastered his techniques, even though brute strength was to his advantage, she also noted how they had been kind on his development if the small hints of muscle his clothing gave, where anything to go by.

Watching the war had been somewhat torturous for her, watching her kind fight and kill humans, had her chewing on her bottom lip anxiously. She glanced at Krul who remained unphased by the chaos around them. Michaela a newly turned vampire stood beside her, also forced into watching the fight as Ferid toyed with a human he seemed to be familiar with.

She supposed it was cruelty on behalf of Krul, been fully aware that beside her where two vampires who cherished humans and still held onto what little they could of thier own humanity. Sybil knew all to well however that Krul was not known for her kindness as she had been stripped of a sibling by those very humans who stood fighting to the death below them.

Though curious, Sybil had no desire to hear the story of what happened to Krul's brother, though she had been told the basics some centuries before. Rigŕ had always been thorough in his teachings, especially when it came to the nobility. He had believed that as a noble she needed to be knowledgeable of those who were of the same social standing as she was. He had always stressed the importance of good relations with the other aristocrats.

She noticed when the blue eyed boy glanced at her before looking back at the war as the humans slowly started retreating. His brow knitted delicately as he held back the shouts she knew threatened to spill from his lips when a specific green eyed boy was attacked.

It was many painstakingly long hours later that the humans retreated tactically, the sun was low and the evening breeze was thick with the scent of freshly skinned blood and burning corpses. A scent that reminded Sybil all to well of the last days she spent on the earth as a mortal. A scent which still twisted her insides. She was grateful when she spotted the tall maroon haired vampire.

Sybil had waited patiently for Crowley to return before the five individuals had finally left Krul's lair and headed back to Ferid's manor for the evening.

It was later in the evening where the two found themselves alone in the library, Crowley lay as sprawled as he could on the sofa, with his head on Sybil's lap while she gently toyed with his hair as she read to him.