Back Story

It all started as fast as it ended. Families where torn apart, children left parentless and parents left childless. All because of a sickness that brought the dead back to life. Years prior to the infectious outbreak, Audrey and her father moved to Broke Jaw Ranch. Her father, Richard Gray was good friends with Jeremiah Otto and they moved to the compound where they knew they could start a fresh life.

Audrey, being only 15 at the time instantly became friends with Charlene, and there the two girls became best friends. Doing everything together from chores to walks even to stealing the militia boys boots and running away before any of them could catch the girls. That's when she first laid her eyes upon Troy Otto. His dark sandy hair and blue eyes had the young girl mesmerized. And from the looks of things he was mesmerized by her too. Always sneaking glances towards one another and watching the other while they went about their day. Little did they know it would spark a friendship that would soon turn into a love interest.

But their love would soon fade away. Not because of young age, but because Troys mother had passed. After that his father became ruthless and cruel to the boy, and Troy turned into something Audrey never knew him to be. He was angry, sad, ruthless, narcissistic and becoming psychotic. And Audrey's father told her to stay away from the boy at all cost. Richard couldn't risk having his only living family taken from him. No matter how close of friends the two teens where, his daughter would never fall a victim to the youngest Otto.

At the age of 18, Audrey's father passed away. The man was lonely and fell ill with pneumonia. Her fathers death crushed Audrey and she pushed everyone away. Jeremiah stepped in and moved her to the small house closes to theirs, that way if she needed them she would only need to walk up the driveway. Audrey appreciated everything the Ottos where doing for her, but it would never be the same without her father.

Months after her grieving she started learning the ways of nursing. Helping around the infirmary and making sure everyone was okay and well taken care of. Nothing serious ever happened, all injuries where do to small and minor incidents. Usually farming equipment caused most. Her knowledge in the infirmary made it to where she could never switch a job. She became the head person in charge of the infirmary, making the girl as happy as she could be. She finally had something to keep her going. And then she started getting closer with Troy again.........