The Judge One Shot #1

"Yo, I'm not sure you know but we're lost.  Like, completely."

The Judge ignored you as they strode through thick leaves and grass filled with pink flowers.

The slight wind made their fluffy jacket waver a bit, and you caught yourself wondering if they were comfortable wearing such a warm thing when it was kinda hot outside. Not really hot, but not a winter either.

It seemed like they were trying to show as less skin as possible, thus leaving no part of their body visible. You were intrigued the moment you met the assassin but decided not to bring it up - it could be considered rude. Plus you doubted they would bother to answer.

"Are you even listening to me?" You huffed, struggling to keep up with the Judge. Grass bent under your boots as you walked for what seemed like eternity, searching for a raider outpost Rush told you about.

They suddenly stopped, making you collide with their back.

"Ack- Hey! What gives?"

The Judge stood tall in front of you. They turned to you - one hand near the mouth of their mask - shushing you - while the other kept you from going further.

The assassin pointed a finger at you then where you were standing and grunted.

"Are you telling me to stay here? No way. I can protect myself, for your information." You gave them attitude as you walked past them, unarmed, your rifle strapped to your back.

You set your foot on solid ground - finally - after walking for so long you found a road.

"See?" You walked to the middle of the road, "It's fine! Completely safe." You looked around, bringing your palm to your forehead to shield your eyes from the bright sun, "And here's the smoke! The outpost should be near."

The Judge sighed under their mask
But as their eyes trailed from the smoke to you, their breath hitched.

A group of raiders stood right behind you, blocking the road with a bunch of their cars. Your sudden outburst seemed to have caught their attention as a few of them started walking towards you, gun raised as they shouted something incoherent.

Before you could say anything else, the Judge drew their bow from behind their back, pointing a lit arrow at something behind you.

They came to stand beside you as you turned around. Your eyes widened - the raiders were right in front of you now and if you tried to get your gun you would be dead for sure.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" A tall raider with shaved head and obviously bad manners shouted, a heavy gun in his arms ready to shoot.

You gulped, looking up at the Judge who stood still, their bow equally ready to shoot at the raiders. Since you knew the Judge wouldn't do the talking, you opened your mouth.

"We- uh... We were just-"

Before you could utter another word, a raider with a scar on his cheek who stood beside the bald spoke up.

"Hey! That's the bitch bosses are looking for!" He said, pointing his rifle at you.

For a moment all of their eyes were on you. You felt defenseless and scared for some reason, watching them scowl in realization.

You started to hyperventilate as you felt a panic attack coming. You missed a bunch of raiders on the road because you were being careless and didn't even have any time to draw your rifle. You were going to die and the Judge too, you fucking dragged them into it, it was your fault. And you couldn't even do anything as you stood there, taking in ragged breathes as your eyes glistened with tears about to fall.

The bald raider gestured to you with his gun.

"That's true. You," He looked at the Judge, "Put that joke of a weapon down or I'll shoot your brains out- that is if you have any. And you," He turned back to you, "You're coming with us. No stupid shit. I won't hesitate to-"

He suddenly stopped his disgusting speech as he fell down with a lit arrow in his forehead.

"You fucker!" One of them shouted as the Judge took another arrow, taking the scarred raider down with ease.

Hundreds of bullets would have fell down your head if it wasn't for the Judge who scooped you in their arms and hid behind a nearest tree.

The fur of their jacket tickled your face as you tried to calm your breathing. Tears were now streaming down your face freely as you clutched their clothes, mumbling "sorry" a few times through your weeping.

The Judge took an arrow after an arrow, shooting the raiders one by one. A few minutes passed and it was quiet.

The only thing breaking the silence was your breathing mixed with the Judge's as they tried to catch their breath.

They slid down the tree with you still in their arms, trying to catch their breath. You subconsciously buried your face in their neck, catching your breath as well.

"I'm... I'm sorry. That was stupid of me. I put us in danger, I'm sorry. It won't happen again." You exhaled, your voice shaking.

The Judge didn't say anything, just blinked and put their hand on your cheek, nodding, as if saying 'it's okay'.

You didn't even care about the outpost anymore. Neither did you care that you had stayed in The Judge's arms for almost a hour, not saying a word.