Before I could even begin to form words, his smooth, oddly perfect laugh cut in.

He still found victory in flustering me, as did I whenever I managed to do the same to him.

His arms wrapped lightly around me, his head setting under my chin.

"I'm more than happy to be your canvas, Khloe." He spoke, his arms now holding the middle of my back, "What are you going to paint?"

That I did know but didn't want to share quite yet.

I relaxed a bit at this question, cupping my hands under the water and pouring it onto the top of his head as I began to rinse his hair.

"Its a surprise," I said, the words being ironic despite him not knowing why.

I felt his shoulders slump.

"Do you want to do it today? We can make time for it." He offered, his eagerness to know what it was going to be being more than evident.

I shook my head as I ran my hands down his hair, trying to aid the water in doing its job.

"Nah," I replied, "I don't really want to cover your back in paint the same day that we spent a decent amount of time in a bath. We can just do it the next time you get done with your work early."

"So what I'm hearing is that I have to take another day off?" He questioned wittily.

"That is absolutely not what I said." I rebuked, "I'm keeping you to your 'Just this once' remark. If you get in trouble we'll see each other even less."

And that was the last thing that I wanted.

He chuckled lightly, burying his face into the crook of my neck as he pulled me tighter.

"I know I know. I won't let that happen."

"Good," I responded, running my hands through his hair to make sure I got all of the conditioner out.

Concluding that I did, I just continued my actions, knowing how much he liked it.

I smirked in victory once I felt his purr, followed by the placement of a couple soft kisses against my neck.

I'm sure he rejoiced in the goose-bumps that rose on my skin and the soft gasp I let out whenever he was near my neck.

We continued like that for a few blissful moments, cherishing the feeling of having the other one so close in such a relaxing setting.

No doubts, no worries, just me and him.

These were the moments I craved whenever he was gone all day and most of the night.

I tried to remember moments like this whenever I missed him, but this real feeling was irreplaceable.

My blissful thoughts came to an end when his purrs ceased.

My concern grew as Nico slowly pulled away, a slightly uncomfortable look on his face.

He met my eye for barely a second before speaking.

"Do you still want me to feed from you whenever I get those... cravings?"

I blinked at him, slightly relieved at the fact that this was the what made him suddenly act like that.

"Is this because of the blood moon or just weird timing?" I asked, not that it really affected what my answer was going to be.

"Weird timing I swear. The first sign of craving just hit me out of nowhere and I figured if I just feed as soon as I feel it, it'll be easier." He spoke like he was trying to comfort me, but he was panicking a lot more than I was right now.