"If you're going to be the new Sherlock, might as well have the magnifying glass he had," Anderson said. 

It was in a rectangle shape and could be snapped closed. I brought it up to my eye to examine the blood. It was fairly new and were actually several different marks. It seemed as though someone was tense and had been digging their nails into their palm. Most likely the victim's blood. He already knew what was going to happen...

"Show me the dude," I said. Lestrade led me up the stairs into a bedroom. There were several pictures of the man's family, friends, and work. A window had been busted open. Then I looked at the body itself. Gosh. When they say bashed in, they really mean bashed in. There was even some brain spewing out. "Fun," I said. I walked over to the body. I squatted down toward it. His pale bashed in face was even more disgusting up close. 

I placed the magnifying glass up to his head and observed it some more. This person must've hit quite a few times. Then, I saw something strange. A splinter was lodged in his brain. "Somebody get me some tweezers!" I held out my hand and Lestrade then placed them in my hand. I could get used to this. 

I pulled out the splinter. It had some gloss on it. Gloss often put on wooden baseball bats. Not to mention that the wood was ash, a common wood used for baseball bats. 

"What the bloody hell is that?" Lestrade asked as he looked over my shoulder. 

"Piece of a wooden baseball bat," I said as I continued to examine it. 

Then I was in static. My hands were much smaller and there were bigger hands placed around them. 

"Then you swing like that," a rough male's voice said. He moved my hands as he showed me how to swing a big wooden baseball bat which must've been bigger than me. I nodded silently. "Come on, sweetheart! Show me what you got!" he said. He backed up and let my hands go. Then a ball came at me. I swung and hit the ball. 

"Yeah! That's my girl!" he said as he picked me up. "See, I told you Big Red was magic! I've had him since I was about your age too!" I looked at him in wonder, but I didn't speak. 

"Aw, come on, kid. Really thought that one would get you to speak up," he said. He sounded frustrated. He put me down, kinda roughly and stomped out of the batting cage. I followed silently and saw him sit down next to my mom. 

"Don't worry about it, Stan," she said as she rubbed his back, "I know her autism is frustrating, but we just got to hold on a little longer. She'll talk when she's ready. How about you teach her a little about baseball. You know how much she loves learning." He nodded and walked back over to me. I was still holding Big Red. 

"Hey, kiddo. Do you know why Big Red is so special?" he asked. I shook my head as he picked me up. "Well, most wooden baseball bats are made of ash wood, but Big Red here is made of a magic redwood."

Then, I woke up from my trance. I walked downstairs with the splinter still pinched in the tweezers. I grabbed an evidence baggie and placed it in. I walked over to Lestrade and handed it to him. "Your victim was killed by a wooden baseball bat made of ash wood. He had been expecting the killer. When something more happens, contact me," I groaned. I could feel a headache coming on. 

I was beginning to reach the door when Lestrade called, "How do we contact you?" 

"Simple, I live at 221B Baker Street. You should recognize it," I said with a smirk. I then hopped out of the door.