Chapter 8- Guitar Picks and Bullet Wounds

I found myself in Jack's house, It was very nice. I don't know how I got there, but I guess that we had went inside after the fact that I fell asleep in the car. I was playing the Guitar. Braden, Rudy, Jack, Milton, and Jerry watching me play. I felt happy. The music coming out of the guitar was perfect, no mistakes... What. So. Ever. 

The doorbell suddenly rang, and Jack got up to get it. I followed him. I got the worst feeling once he opened the door... Masked men grabbed Jack by the arms and put a rag up to his face, covering his mouth and nose. He fought it for a minute... But went limp, his eyes rolling back into his head. "No" I screamed.

One of the masked men grabbed me, I fought against his grip, but It was no use, the man's grip was way too strong. He put a wet rag up to my face. I held my breath for as long as I could, but I eventually had to breathe. I smelled a strong, bittersweet smell, Its grip starting to drag me into a sleep. I looked over and saw that the other men had done the same to Braden, Rudy, Milton and Jerry. One by one they dropped like flies, my vision blurring.

Braden... Out Cold.

Rudy... Motionless.

Milton... No sign.

Jerry... His head held low.

Slowly I went out too.... I couldn't fight the smell anymore.

+When Alex Awakens Again+

I awoke in a cage, almost like what you would put animals in, the bars thick and sturdy. I ran to the bars shaking them. I looked to my left. Rudy, Milton, and Braden in separate cages too. 

I looked to my right.... Jack, Shaking the bars and reaching his hand out to me. "Alex!" He yelled. "They're going to shoot you!" Just as he said that the masked man walked up to my cell, and held a gun up to me.

Right then I knew I was starring death in the eyes. He unmasked himself... It was my dad!!! "I waited a long time for this" He said with a pleasure in his voice. He pulled the trigger, and I felt a searing pain run through my chest. I stumbled back, laying there with my breaths shallow. 

The men released the others. Jack had tears running down his face, so did Braden. Jack ran up to my father, just as my vision had blurred. He leaped into the air and cocked his fist back, he lunged it forward, but... My eyes closed before I got to see anything else.... Did I just Die?