Chapter Six

Unless otherwise stated, every chapter will be in Mila's perspective

          I looked around, and caught a pair of magnetizing dark eyes. For a few breathless seconds, I forgot my own name. I forgot where I was, and who I was. His gaze was completely captivating, and I could fully admit that I was entranced.

          I watched, heart thumping in my chest as his dark hair fell across his forehead. He used a hand, almost unconsciously, to push it back. There was a small, secretive smile forming on his heart-shaped lips. They were full and plump and completely kissable. I was sure that I'd never focused so entirely on a man's lips before. And that was what he was. A man.

          He was tall, towering over most of the people in the club as he walked by. A drunken woman bumped into him, and I felt a pang of jealousy hit me as his hand moved to steady her. I swallowed hard at the pure possessiveness coursing through me.

          Had I really just experienced a flash of jealousy over a man I didn't even know? Some bit of rationality was coming back to me, and I was confused by my reaction, my overwhelming attraction, to this handsome stranger. He barely glanced at the woman, his movements determined and sure as he came to a stop right in front of me.

            I had to crane my head so I could look at him. The moment our eyes connected over the short distance between us, I felt the ground shift underneath my feet. He was the centre of my world. He was my world.

           "Hello." His smile was contagious and for a second I smiled back at him, feeling such overwhelming joy that I thought it would be too much for me to bear. His hand came up to my cheek and he stroked it, almost in a daze. Looking into the very depths of my eyes, he whispered, "mine."

          Before I could speak, his mouth captured my own. My arms went around his shoulders, wanting him as close as possible.

          The kiss wasn't rushed or rough. It was sweet and tender. It grew deeper and I could have sworn that I heard him growl as his hands roamed my mostly bare back. He pulled me even closer to him – a feat I wouldn't have thought possible as I could already feel every inch of his body pressed intimately against my own. There wasn't a millimetre of space that separated us.

          I could feel him along me. All of him. His arousal, hard and proud against my stomach, caused a swell of feminine pride to go through me. He wanted us.

          Us? I blinked at the plural. Clearly, I was intoxicated by his presence and had lost all my wits together.

           I stepped back, breaking the kiss. I felt dazed and stunned by the intensity of the emotions running through me. A distant, rational part of me was appalled that I'd just kissed a complete stranger. A stranger whose name I didn't even know.