he's the Mike to my El

Start from the beginning

'Noah, stop.'

'Aww, thanks, Caleb.' Millie said, smiling thankfully.

'They can shove their tongues all they want, they're not kids anymore.' Caleb added, earning himself a slap on the chest from Finn and an angry glare from Millie.

'I hate you guys so much.' Millie groaned.

'Yeah, Millay, if you say so. Go ahead, spend some romantic time with your boyfriend. Me and Caleb are going to check this bad boy.' Noah said, sticking his tongue at her before walking away.

Millie waited for a while, watching Caleb and Noah heading towards the rollercoaster before she had decided to speak.

'You think he's right?'

'Right about what?' Finn asked, looking down at her.

'That we're so sweet and that we can't keep our hands off of each other.'

'I know I can't.' he said jokingly, gripping her hips, his fingers melting into the soft fabric of her dress as he pulled her closer to him.

'Finn, we can't!' she exclaimed, slapping his hands away, wanting him to let go of her. Reluctantly, he did so. 'Maybe we should separate for a while, you know?'

'But I don't want to.' Finn whined like a child whose favorite toy had been taken away.

She couldn't help but smile. Guess Noah wasn't the only childish person here.

'Me neither.' she pressed her lips together. 'But only for a while, okay? I'll go look around and find something fun to do.'

Finn sighed deeply. They could've used this little time to spend it together especially that it didn't happen often. As much as he wanted it he knew she was right. It was better to keep it lowkey today.

'Alright, I'll go talk with Jack then, I haven't seen him in ages.'

'Okay, have fun without me. But not too much.' she said, tilting her head to the side, smiling softly.

'I never have fun without you.'

He could swear her gaze flicked to his lips for a millisecond, a small sigh exiting her mouth as if from disappointment of not being able to kiss him goodbye. It was too risky to do such thing in front of all those people around, even more risky if your relationship is being hidden from fans and social media.

'Bye, Finnie.' she reached and squeezed his forearm reassuringly, allowing it to be the only act of endearment, the only soft gesture they could use in public. 'See you later, okay?'

'Yeah.' he inhaled deeply, barely hiding his sadness. 'See you later.'

.

Guess the universe can't keep them apart for a long time because somehow, hours later, they ended up in the same place at the same time.

There was something draining the energy out of him with all those social interactions, meeting with strangers and friends. Also, he had to think of good answers during the interviews, avoiding spoilers and dodging tricky questions and this kind of brainteasing wasn't making his situation any better. To make things worse, he was tired, exhausted after dancing with Maya...

If you can call jumping around "dancing".

And, to be honest, Finn would call it a night already. Tired, all sweaty with the tie hanging loosely around his neck and with an inseparable attribute in the form of the bottle of water in his hand, all he wanted to do was just going back to the hotel.