Chapter 2

The first few classes went by really fast, I am an A student for the most part, a couple of Bs , maybe? Point is I'm really smart. I just have a tendency of sending my thoughts out the mouth mail, and that either makes me embarass myself or gets me in big trouble. Neither were my idea of a fun day at school so I tried my best to think everything thorugh.. I had to. My mom is one of the best doctors in town and my step dad is a famous writer from L.A. He moved here about 2 and a half years ago, apparently his ex-wife had some issues.

I started drawing in my notebook after I finished all my work. We only had about five minutes of class anyway.

"What the heck?" my hand went up to my head where something had hit me. I looked down at a crumbled piece of paper on my desk.

' Wanna get some tonight, babe? '

My head shot back to face the kid behind me..

"Hey, Logan, did you, Umm"

" See who gave you that?" he finished for me.

"Yeah"

"Allen"

He pointed back at him .... Well Allen was the school's player. He was extremely good looking but I saw right through him. All he ever wanted was to make people's life miserable. He used girls, and then threw then out like they were garbage. He was pretty much dirt.

I got up and walked seductively to his spot at the back of the class. His eyes filled with expectation. A smirk appeared on his face as I reached his desk. I smiled at him, running a hand down his face, chin, I stopped at his neck when I heard him swallow hard his eyes filled with lust. I raised my knee up to the lump that had formed up in his pants,a moan escaped his mouth.. Thoughts of my dad came back to mind...THUMP.

"Fuck! What the hell was that for you crazy bitch!"

"Don't you ever do that again." I said my face free of all emotion.

The whole class was now looking at us. Lucky for me the bell rang and I made my way out of there. I let a huge sigh come out my mouth, relaxing all my muscles. He deserved it. He had used Teddy last year, He made her fall in love with him and then dumped her in front of the whole school. She went through hell that year.

I ran out fast but forgot my bag, so I walked in & got it. When I walked out everyone was gone. At least I don't have to lower my head and wish for the ground to swallow me. I kept moving towards the cafeteria.

"Ouch!" I screamed as my head hit the wall behind me.

"You thought you were going to get away with that?" someone sput in my ear.

I tried to get away from the tight grip Allen had on me. I looked around to see if someone was comming to help me but the halls were empty.

"No no no no, please let me go, " I begged as he got his hand up my sweater. Tears fell down my face as I kicked and screamed.

"Time to pay up for what you did " he said as he cupped my breast.

A door opened and a lady I recognized as Mrs. Brew came out

"Hey! What's going on out there?"

Allen let go and made a run for it. Mrs.Brew came over to check if I was okay. I begged her not to say anything. She wasnt happy but she agreed. I walked away, hands still shaking and dried my face.

Be strong, be strong.

"Kat wait up!" Teddy yelled from behind me.

"Oh hey Ted, look I think I'll just call it a day. I don't feel very good."

"Sure, want me to go with you?"

" No don't miss any classes, Come by after school, sounds good?"

" Yea, Ill be there. "

" Okay, see ya."

I really didn't wanna talk to her much, she could figure out something was wrong if I held a coversation with her. She knew me too much.

Jessee was still in class so I decided to walk home instead of waiting for him. I needed to clear my mind anyway. It was a 20 minute walk. 15 if I hurried my pace. My house was big. It was a Two-story cream and soft chocolate brown house with plants and trees all around it. I liked it was peaceful now that my dad wasn't around. He wasn't much of a dad.

I was surprised to see mom and John when i got home they were sitting at the dinner table talking with a pile of papers spread out in front of them.

"Hey"

"Hey, hun, what are you doing here? don't you have school?" mom asked me concerned.

"Yeah, but my last periods were canceled due to a .. meeting." I lied. I was not about to tell them about the whole Allen thing. I never did.

" Oh really? "

"Yup"

" I ..Umm.. Jonh and I have to talk to you and Jess about something."

I looked at her, a confused expression on my face.

"Is it bad ?" I looked at John.

"Yes" he said with a sad expression.

"What is it?" I said opening the fridge and grabbing an apple.

"Sit down."

I did as he told me.

" Umm.." he looked at mom.

" Would someone tell me whats going on? It can't be that bad. I hate drama just spit it"

He sighed.

" Your brother has another brother."

My eyes widened.

" Really?"

"Yeah, let me explain.."

I nodded. Still a bit confused. That wasn't bad news, I thought it was good that Jess had another brother, he must be fed up of only having a sister that dosn't get him. Well most of the time...

" He... Umm.. His name is Austin. We never told you because when we moved Jess made us promise we would try and move on. He wanted to forget his past. Bringing Austin up would only make him remember what he did to him. He has some anger management issues. When I started to date your mom. He got worse. Austin said he wanted to stay and take care of his mother and of course I didn't want to force him into comming if he diddn't want to."

I tried my best to sink in all the information.

Mom gave me a sad smile and continued explaining..

" We got a phone call this morning. His mom was driving him to school and lost control. Apparently she was under the influence of drugs. Kat, she ..she didn't make it."

" What happened to Austin, Is he okay?"

"He survived but he was put in Intensive care I already got us the plane tickets. We have to go."

I nodded.

"How are you going to tell Jess?"

" I don't know, hun"

Wow that must have really sucked for the kid, losing his mom while his dad is with another woman. But he could've moved it's not like his father left him, he left his mom. I really did feel bad specially because no matter what it was Jess's mother who had died. He would suffer. A sharp pain took over my chest at the thought, and tears struck my eyes.