The club was packed but Jersey didn’t seem to mind. She pushed through the crowd of dancing and chatting people and made her way to the bar. “Jameson on the rocks,” she yelled to the bartender once we got to the bar. Gavin had already parted ways from us, and there was no telling where he was at now. I sat down at the bar with Jersey even though I wasn’t going to drink anything. I twirled around in the spinning bar stool to face the crowd of dancing people. It was probably the most entertainment I was going to get out of tonight.

“Hey, Fin,” a familiar voice called out. I looked over to where I heard the voice come from to see one of my best friends from high school. No way! I hadn’t seen her since graduation. I jumped up from the stool and nearly tackled the girl. “Whoa, Finley!”

“Morgan! It’s really you!”

“I know,” she said as she laughed. “I just moved back down here. You know after graduation, I went to live in Georgia with my father, but I decided that it was no place like home!” Wow, I couldn’t believe I was actually talking to someone I graduated with, other than Nicky. I didn’t think that I’d be doing that until like the class reunion or something. “So, how have you been? Is Nicky still in the picture?”

“Oh God, no. She’s been out of the picture for a few months now. Let’s not talk about her though. Let’s talk about you! How was Georgia!? I thought you were going to college over there.” Morgan and I retreated over to a table by the bar so we could talk without people bumping into us every five seconds. The girl looked just as she did in high school. She hadn’t changed one bit. Same hairstyle, same fashion, and the same looks. I felt like I had went back in time or something.

“Yeah, I graduated from Georgia State. I majored in Business, which was a horrible decision. I think I may have to go back to graduate school to get a decent job. I mean, if I really wanted to I could work at some huge corporation in a cubicle, but that’s just boring, right?” I nodded in agreement.

“Definitely. You’re a smart girl though, so I’m sure you’ll find a good job somewhere.” Morgan smiled and pointed towards the bar.

“Can I get you a drink?”

“Oh no. I’m looking after my girlfriend. I’m the designated driver,” I explained as I looked towards the bar. But when I looked to where Jersey was once sitting, I saw that she was gone. Where the hell did she go? I shook off the thought of Jersey and focused back on Morgan. Jersey was probably just on the dance floor annoying the hell out of people.

“Girlfriend? So, you swapped Nicky out for someone else,” Morgan pried. She always loved to gossip or to get to know someone else’s business. But she was still trustworthy at the same time. Morgan loves to run her mouth but I wouldn’t hesitate to tell her one of my darkest secrets because I knew she was loyal enough not to spill the beans. “I didn’t take you as the player type, Fin!” Morgan hit my arm as she let out a laugh, and I laughed also.

“I’m not a player! It’s just that Jersey was there at the end of Nicky and I’s relationship and also when we broke up. I didn’t like her at first, but we ended up bonding and dating,” I admitted.

“Aw, that’s so cute!” I blushed and looked around the club. I found myself looking for Jersey off of instinct. After a while, I spotted Jersey. She was hovering over some girl who was leant against the wall and she was whispering in the bitch’s ear. You’ve got to be fucking kidding. Without thinking, I stood up from the table and began marching through the crowd to the two. I forgot that I was even talking to Morgan and I didn’t even care if I was being rude by walking away from her. When I approached the two, I grabbed Jersey’s shoulder and pulled her from the girl. The girl was smirking like the fucking Grinch and I just wanted to wipe that smirk off of her face. Jersey looked at me for a while, she was a bit tipsy but she definitely wasn’t drunk. I hadn’t left her long enough for her to be completely drunk.