$8

Jersey

I swirled my spoon around in my bowl, which was full of cereal. I had taken too long to eat the shit so it was all soggy. Soggy cereal was just something I couldn’t eat. If I was starving to death, I wouldn’t even think about eating a spoonful of soggy fucking cereal. You would think with all of the technology and all the other bullshit we have in the world, they could find a way to make cereal never get soggy in fucking milk. There has to be some resistant-anti-soggy-cereal type of formula somewhere. I know some bastard knows how to fix the problem, but that bastard is probably holding out from the rest of the world. What an asshole.

Jumping up from my seat, I carelessly pour the milk and the cereal into the trashcan, and threw the bowl into the sink. “How wasteful,” the English accent sung as he walked into the kitchen. “Do you know how happy the starving kids in Africa would be if you gave them a bowl of cereal?” Gavin grabbed the cereal box from the cabinet and began pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

“Fuck the kids in Africa! Africa’s not the only place that has starving fucking kids! What about the kids here in America!? Or the kids in fucking kids in the Middle East? Better yet, what about the gotdamn kids in South America?”

“Who the hell pissed in your cereal?”

“Fucking soggy cereal! Soggy cereal pissed in my fucking cereal!” Gavin laughed as Finley entered into the kitchen with a confused glare. “Do you like soggy cereal!?”

“Well, it tastes the same…just a bit soggy,” Finley replied slowly. “Why are you even screaming? What’s going on?”

“When isn’t she screaming,” Gavin muttered.

Finley shrugged and sat down at the table. I groaned as I hopped onto the counter, dropping the topic of soggy cereal from my mind. “Gavin, you better hurry up and eat your fucking cereal,” I said as I looked at the watch on my wrist. “We need to be out of here in the next five minutes.”

Finley moaned as she laid her head down against the table. Last night, she and I barely got any sleep. We spent the whole night just talking and watching movies. Usually, when I spent the night up with a chick, we normally didn’t talk; we mostly moaned. But, I didn’t mind talking to Finley. She could keep my attention. I loved to go out of my way just to annoy the hell out of her. “I don’t wanna go,” Finley complained.

“Well, you’re going if you want to stay under my roof,” I said as I jumped off of the counter. The girl groaned as she looked up at me. I walked up to her, and patted her back, “Now, let’s go, assholes. We have a day of work ahead of us.”

Everyone started pouring in the tattoo shop, not long after Gavin, Finley and I arrived. Finley was in the corner with her brother, talking about her weekend while everyone else were at their stations doing small talk and cracking jokes. I was at my station, also, looking over my tools and making sure everything was clean and stable enough to tattoo someone. “Hey, Jersey! Why you so quiet,” Francisco yelled over to me. He and Enrique were smirking as they looked over at me. They obviously wanted to get me riled up.

I stood up from my station and walked over to the two knuckleheads. “What the hell do you two wetbacks want? Don’t tell me. You probably want some tamales or something, right? No? Burritos?” Francisco and Enrique looked at each other before shaking their heads at me. “So, how does it feel to be an illegal alien? It sounds magical.”