please don't kill me

a purple/navy blue scaled claw shot went through the stairs as the alien stepped on it.

I took a sharp intake of breath but gabriel had his hand over my mouth.

I looked over to him but didn't dare speak.

dust poured down from the top of the stairs as the alien walked further onto the wooden podium above our heads.

'what the' mouthed gabriel as he furrowed his brows looking up.

my head started to spin and a feeling of nausea crept over me.

come on y/n, you can do this just. breathe. don't think about the alien. just. breathe.

I couldn't pass out. or be sick.

not now.

we'd die if I did.

and I would never forgive myself for that.

'shit' said dariush under his breath.

I swallowed the vomit that was coming up my throat and felt a burning sensation in my neck.

it's worth it.

and I didn't want to be sick all over Gabriel's hand - ew.

the alien gave out a hoarse screeching noise and dust continued to rain down from the wood.

dariush looked scared shitless - and I couldn't blame him.

gabriel put his other hand over dariush's mouth so he wouldnt alert the alien of our presence.

'shh sh' said gabriel to both of us, 'stop talking, shh'

dariush had been trying to talk but couldn't since gabriel was stopping him.

the alien stepped down from the top and down a step, cracking the wood just next to dariush's head and bringing - yet more - dust onto all of our heads.

the alien left and gabriel took his hands off our mouths.

'don't do that again - this, this, this chivalry bullshit - its just annoying and I don't need your help thank you very much' I said to gabriel, making him look confused, as dariush started coughing.

gabriel shook his head, 'we gotta go, we gotta go, come on'

he stood up and waited for us to follow him out.

'woah woah woah woah woah.' questioned dariush, putting his hand out in front of gabriel to stop him going any further, 'why are we leaving? this is an alien-proof hiding spot!'

good point.

'we have to help them!' said gabriel, exasperated.

also a good point.

'and die too?' replied dariush.

'very soon this won't be an alien-proof hiding place so let's juts go' I said, standing up.

dariush rolled his eyes and reluctantly left out hiding spot with me and gabriel following.

let's just hope we don't die now.