Chapter 29: A gift for proposal

Start from the beginning

"Please don't leave me alone again. this world is so cold without you. It's so empty. I can't even breathe without you. Please take me where ever you go from now." Sobed Niphredil and tears ran on her face.

Legolas gently wipeded her tears and hugged her tight and swayed her slowly. Her sobbing was killing him. "I promise to never leave you from now on. I'm a mad man if i do so. I promise. I promise." He said softly. "I love you so much."

When Niphredil calmed down, Legolas released her and went and stood behind her. "Now if you let, I want to explain why I was late." He said and gently pulled her hair away and clasped a delicate golden chain around her neck.

Niprhedil looked with awe at the beautiful necklace. Small emerald leaves were shining in their golden frames.

Legolas kissed her neck and came and stood in front of her. "You had to have my sign so everyone knows that you are mine." he said and Niphredil raised her head and looked into blue his eyes. "I want to ask Lord Celeborn to give his consent for our marriage. I want you to be my wife and my Queen, Niphredil Elentary." he put his hands on her arms.

Niphredil kissed his lips softly. "It will be my honor." She said softly.

Legolas smiled and kissed her gently and hugged her tight. He felt revealed. Finally, he could spend the rest of his life with his love. "thank you, my love."

Niphredil looked at the necklace again. "You have made this yourself?" she asked.

Legolas scratched back of his neck. "Well you know I'm not a craftman. I should have asked our Mr. growler to help me. Lótë galloped so fast to take Gimli and me from Minas Tirith to Ere Bur and to take him back to Minas Tirith again." said Legolas.

Niphredil laughed. "I can Imagine how much he had snapped at you." She giggled.

"Oh, you have no idea. He thinks I'm the most stupid person, but your smile worthed it." said Legolas and kissed her gently. "Come!" he said. "Let's tell this to others."

In fact, no one became surprised. Everyone knew this would happen so soon, but they were so happy about it. They decided to get married as soon as they returned from Minas Tirith.

***

Elrond had stood in Cirin Amorth. This high Talon was so special for him. It was the first place he had confessed his love to his sweetheart. He had missed her a lot. He wished she was here now and could tell him what he should do. What he had to tell her when he was going to the Valinor?

He sighed. His heart was heavy. He had a terrible feeling in his heart like he had sentenced his own daughter to death. But did he have another choice. If he had forced her to go to the west she would've died either.

"You must not blame yourself, my Lord." he heard a soft voice and turned. Niphredil had stood there, watching him with her beautiful brown eyes. "It's her own choice. You couldn't stop this love. It was impossible to stand in the way of their strong love." she said quietly.

"It's too hard." Said Elrond and tears brimmed in his eyes. No one could hide their feelings when Niphredil was around. It was easy to express your emotions in her presence.

"No one said it is." Said Niphredil and came and took Elrond's hands. "at least, you can be sure that she will be utterly happy by living with her love, even for a short time in the eyes of the Elves. You know about the pain of being apart from your loved one, my Lord. Your heart is full of the pain of her absence."

Elrond peered into her eyes. He could see pain and sadness in them. She smiled. "She is so happy now, so excited. You should see her this afternoon when we were talking about her wedding." said Niphredil.