"I think she would agree to that. She's very happy to help when things are needed. You have my permission as well."

"Thank you," Jakam said.

Jakam and the captain continued talking. They were becoming fast friends and found they had many things in common despite the difference in species.

Kelbar and Meelah had to interrupt after a while. They were getting restless and all the things of immediate importance had already been said.

"Oh, sorry. Do you need to get back to work?" Jakam asked the captain.

"As much as I have to do, it can wait. Would you all like to go on a walk?" The captain said, getting up.

"Yes, we'd like that very much," Jakam replied.

Kelbar and Meelah nodded in agreement.

They followed the captain as he showed them around the colony. The captain proudly displaying their buildings, handiwork, and advancements since arriving.

The Viscordians were amazed at the technology the humans possessed and the captain promised to share it with them. He and Jakam walked side by side chatting away like old pals.

After the captain basically toured them around the whole colony, they ended up down by the lakeside. Kelbar recognized Beth and Liam laying on the shore.

As they drew closer the couple on the beach got up.

Beth was happy to see the captain and Jakam getting along so well. She laughed a little when she saw Meelah and Kelbar straggling behind looking kind of bored.

"I can see your meeting went well," Beth said when they were close enough.

"Yes, it went very well. I'm glad we ran into you. I have something to ask." The captain said.

"Ask away," Beth replied.

The captain explained Jakam's idea of using her ability as a faster way to travel between colonies.

When he finished Beth replied. "I'd be glad to. It would be my honor."

"Thank you so much, Beth. You've been such a help to me and the whole colony. Our survival chances would be much slimmer if we didn't have you." The captain said.

Beth blushed. "Thank you, sir."

They walked along the shore of the lake until the sky began to darken.

"Would you join us for dinner?" The captain asked the Viscordians.

"Yes. I'm excited to try some of your foods." Jakam said.

"And the others back at your camp?" Asked the captain.

"They are quite a distance away. They will be fine. I told them to expect us to be gone for a while." Answered Jakam.

"It's too bad they can't join us, but let's go eat. You must be famished." He said. "You can join us as well." He said to Beth and Liam.

"We'd love to." They replied, almost in unison.

Back at the colony, the captain informed the people that prepared his meals that he would have some guests. They promptly got to work and the captain and his guests were seated in a private dining hut near his quarters.

"This is very nice". Jakam said, sitting down.

The Viscordians were a tall race, so their legs stretched out long under the table. They also usually ate seated or reclined on the floor.

The captain had a large table, so they were able to sit down comfortably.

"I'm glad you could join me for dinner." The captain said to his guests.

They chatted until the food came. The viscordians, especially Jakam and Meelah were excited to try human cuisine. Kelbar had eaten of it before.

The meal consisted of mashed garlic potatoes topped with chives, roasted chicken, some flatbread, and a fresh garden salad. The humans at the table explained what each food was. The Viscordians were very interested, including Klebar, because new foods had been ripened and gathered since he'd been to the humans' colony.

"This meat tastes very familiar, but I can't have eaten it before," Jakam said.

"You could have an animal similar to it native to your planet. We've found a lot of similar plant and animal life to our home world here." Beth said.

"That is amazing that two worlds so far away could be so similar." Jakam marveled.

"Yes, it truly is." Meelah agreed. She was particularly intrigued by her salad because being a healer she primarily used plants as her medicines and cures. She asked Beth lots of questions about each type of plant on her plate and ate them with much interest.

The meal passed pleasantly and soon the humans had to retire to bed. The Viscordians were also tired from their travels and the events of the day.

They bid the captain goodnight and Beth led their alien guests to a place they could occupy for the night.

"What a day," Liam stated.

"Yeah, totally not what I was expecting. It was great though." Beth agreed.

"Any day spent with you is a great day." Liam squeezed her hand.

Beth yawned.

"Okay, sleepyhead. It's time to get you to bed." Liam chuckled.

Beth laughed, then immediately yawned again. Liam was always bringing joy and laughter to every situation.

He walked Beth to her bunkhouse. "See you in the morning dear."

"Okay, darling." Beth giggled. "Goodnight."