Chapter ten

~Matthew POV~
It has been two days since the date, and we are deciding to return home today. It has been hell living in the past, and we want to go home to our dads. We stayed to make sure that everything was going in place, and luckily it was.
"Matthew! Alfred needs your help! He got extremely hurt!" I snapped out of my daze once I heard he was hurt. "What? What happened?" I asked, looking at Francis, horrified. "Follow me!" He gestured for me to follow him. He led me to the back of the school. I have no idea what to do once I get there. I hope he isn't dead; that would suck.

"There," Francis pointed. I nodded, going inside the shed of some sort. I stood in the room, and it was dark. "What?" I asked, seeing that no one was there. I turned back to Francis, who locked the door so I could not get out. "What is the deal? Let me out," I said, trying to open the door. At the other end of the shed, another door opened. "Mattie, I am coming!" I heard Alfred yell, and suddenly run into me, not seeing me. The door closed behind him, and he locked behind.

"Mattie, are you okay?" Alfred said, checking my face for any scratches. " I am fine; I thought you were the one in trouble. They locked us in here," I said, looking around for a switch or something. "I found something!" Alfred said, pulling a string. The string led only to a lightbulb that barely lit up the shed. We looked around, and the shed was empty except for three chairs and some rope with tape. "What is going on?" Alfred asked, and I shrugged. "Who led you here?" I asked, confused. "Arthur" was all he said. "You?", "It was Fran...Francis," I said, realizing what was happening. "It is a trap," Alfred also realized, only saying it. The doors suddenly opened as Alfred and I were pushed down to the ground.

"Tie them up," we heard Arthur say. I looked up from the floor and he sat, crossing his arms. "Sorry about this, Mattie," Gilbert said from behind me, tying my arms together. Once they finished, Antonio and Gilbert sat us down on the chair. Francis and Arthur crossed their arms, looking at us. "We know, so stop hiding it," Arthur said, looking at us. "Know what?" Alfred said, playing dumb. Arthur grabbed a chair and sat on it, crossing his legs. Now I know why dad became a detective.

"Just be honest," Francis smiled, trying to reassure us. "About what?" I asked, looking at everyone. "We all had a feeling we knew the both of you. I started to connect the dots and figured out that both of you are from different periods. I am guessing the future since I have not seen any of you before in my life," Arthur said, leaning back as everyone nodded. "So tell us the truth...everything," Francis said, leaning against Arthur. Alfred and I looked at each other. His face said, "is it safe to tell them?" I had no idea about that. I can't remember if dad told me it was good or bad.

"Fine... we will tell you, only if you untie us," I suggested, but Arthur shook his head, unsure if we would try and run off. "That figures," Alfred laughed nervously. "Mattie, are you going to or me?" Alfred asked. "I can do it, don't worry, aye," I said, smiling at him. Everyone became interested in what I had to say. "Well.....to start.... we are your kids," I said, looking to Francis and Arthur. Everyone's eyes widened, not expecting the turn of events. "I need time to process this, and please give us a second," Arthur said, pulling Francis out of the room. Gilbert looked at me, horrified, not knowing what to say. "This was a bad idea," Alfred said, looking down. "I am sorry; I should not have pressured you to do the spell," he whispered. "It is okay; we are in this together," I said, smiling at him.

Francis and Arthur came back inside the shed and looked at us. "So....we are your parents?" Arthur tried to clarify. "Yes... biologically through surrogacy," I started, shocking them even more. "Biologically? So..." Francis did not finish as he looked at us sadly. "Untie them," Arthur said, looking at us as well. Antonio and Gilbert nodded, doing what he said. "How did you end up here?" Arthur asked. "It was his fault!" I said, pointing to Alfred. "Oh hell, Mattie, pops, I only did it for fun!" Alfred tried to defend, letting the word pops slip out. "They even act like siblings complaining to their parents," Francis laughed a bit.

"Okay...let me start over. Alfred stole one of your books even though you told him not to touch them, and then he begged me to do a spell for him. So I gave in to the pressure. And we did a time travel spell. We thought we would only be gone for an hour, but we ruined your timeline and had to try and fix it, or else we would disappear, and the two of you would not fall in love," I explained, taking my book bag from off the floor. "I hope the shock does not affect you badly," Alfred apologized. Everyone shook their heads, listening still. "The spell asked for a photo for the point in time we wanted to go, so the morning of, we chose this one," I said, taking the spell book out and taking the picture to show them.

Arthur took the photo and stared at it in disbelief. He turned the picture over, reading the date "February 5th, 1975" he read out loud, making Francis take the view looking at it. "Five months from now..." he said, shocked at the situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far