“Eh! So many coins! Lucky!”

Yuu was laying on his bed while twiddling with his phone.

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of him, door to the room swinging open. And I was surprised at the sound of my own voice.

“Yuu? What are you doing? Still not sleeping?” (T/N: holy crap he is creepy)

“Huh? Ah! Hiroto? What are you doing here? Uh…oh right…This is an invasion of privacy! So what if I haven’t gone to bed yet? I’m busy farming coins.”

He’s gotten so blunt, this guy.

“Even until this late? That can’t be overlooked. So you’re saying it’s okay to tell your dad?”

“U-uh, no. Don’t do that. Can’t you just leave that part out?”

“Yeah, we’ll see.”

The light bulb in my head suddenly lit up.

“Well then, why don’t you do something for me?”

“Huh?”

You’d surely be wary of it. Would it take just one more breath to realize what I have in mind?

“Please tell me what time did you start playing this game? Of course if you do, I won’t report this whole scenario to your dad. So? What will it be?”

“Huh? Really? Okay, but…”

I flashed a bright smile. Giving up so soon? Yuu. I wished that whenever you play this game, you’ll be sitting on my lap. This I professed. So, what should be done first?

Although he was afraid to sit down, because I made no sudden movements, Yuu gradually began to relax. He ended up leaning against me while continuing on with his game. He’s too alert to be worried about anything.

I really wanted to embrace him, our bodies melding into one, but I was able to restrain myself somehow. Remembering my conversation with Byakko’s younger brother, I sighed.

There’s a huge gap between my understanding of Yuu and reality.

Yuu actually assumed office through normal procedures, even attaining the previous Student Council secretary’s blessings. And his “entourage” didn’t actually exist.

I was the most miserable, pathetic person out there. I blindly believed in all of those rumors.

I was so angry at myself.

Yuu’s wounded expression, those blank and helpless eyes, kept resurfacing in my thoughts. When had this all begun? The reason that resignation pierced his gaze?

Lost in my reverie, I almost didn’t realize that my hands were wrapped around Yuu’s waist, and was gradually applying pressure. This got Yuu’s attention.

“Are you alright, Hiroto? Are you tired? Want to go to bed now?”

I took in the slightly red mark on his cheeks, eyebrows furrowing. That’s right, he was hit. I softly cupped his cheek.

“…does it hurt?”

“It’s alright now,” Yuu said while giggling.

It’s not that I wasn’t interested in hearing about the bullying from Yuu’s own lips. But did I even have the right to ask anything, when Yuu didn’t even bring up Yamada? In the end, loneliness crept into my heart as I thought to myself. And I laughed quietly at my own arrogance.

I really wanted Yuu to tell me about Yamada.

I wanted to soothe Yuu’s jealousy, then make love to him, then…