Chapter 16

The Feelings of the Erotic Demon King Houou Hiroto Pt.3

When I heard that Yuu collapsed, I dropped my bearings and ran straight for the middle school premises. Since the high school and junior high divisions were on neighboring buildings, it was a quick trip.

As I was about to knock and enter the infirmary, the voices on the other side of the door caused me to hesitate.

It’s Yuu’s voice. He was crying.

There seemed to be another student in the room, so I strained my ears to eavesdrop. The contents of the conversation were shocking.

Until now, how had I been seeing Yuu? Until now, how lonely had Yuu been? How much of myself had I actually seen?

I instinctively grabbed for the doorknob with my hands, but the door opened without me doing a thing. I wondered if this guy in front of heard the sound of schoolboys shuffling through the halls, coming out just to take a look.

“What the heck. Even if you came in now, it’ll be too late.”

Blue eyes and sun-kissed hair.

I heard the whole story from Ken’s cousin Mizuki. This blond guy and Mizuki supported Yuu while he was getting bullied. I on the other hand, all I’d done so far was misunderstand everything about him.

For a moment I was overcome by shock, but I quickly recomposed myself. If I messed up here I’d lose Yuu forever. I’d never let that happen.

“Sorry, my Yuu must have been troubled. Because you were here to help him, I’m relieved.”

“…! You’re one nasty guy. Fix your attitude. What can you possibly say to him now? Don’t forget, he doesn’t belong to you!”

I deflected my line of sight with Byakko’s after I saw how frustrated he looked.

“Also, Amano was bullied by your groupies today, are you gonna give me a cookie for helping him out? Does the name Yamada ring a bell? He’s the one that pushed that kid down the stairs. Oh yea, and Amano is going home with us today.”

“Oh, I’m begging you. Please believe that Yamada will no longer be in the picture. Thanks for letting me know.”

That guy just about-faced and walked back into the infirmary without saying a word.

I wished I could just step inside the room and hold Yuu. But I also knew that it wouldn’t be right to go in there with Yuu crying.

“Yamada…huh.” Well. I guessed it’s time to do some pest control. Other than myself, I can’t forgive those who’d hurt Yuu. Since I was a man of my word, I couldn’t just let this slide, right?

When I paid Yuu’s house a visit in the pit of night, the lights and electricity were still on. I tilted my head.

After all this time, Yuu still didn’t know that the view of his whole room was in plain sight from mine. Didn’t I call you a few hours ago to go to bed?

Last night I also called. And I had seen Yuu shuffle and hide under his covers while picking up the phone.

“Why don’t I make myself comfortable?” (T/N: just guessing here)

Using the spare key, I unlocked the front door to the Amano residence. It’s my regret that I couldn’t stop Yuu from talking to my parents. Even though his dad’s out working and he’s still a junior high school student, he convinced my folks that he’d be staying home alone.

I tried my best to not make a sound, tip-toeing through the house. But strangely, my ears caught the beat of electronic game music coming from Yuu’s room.