11. Time To Cool Off

Chapter song: Independent Women by Destiny's Child

Okay this is just a song that plays in the chapter because I've recently found this playlist on Spotify that is full of nostalgic club anthems and I love it!!

__________

"I can't believe you're here!" I sigh, now sat in the back of the G, wedged between Zach and Andrew. Its gotten a lot hotter, with the car having sat out in the relentless sun, and with an extra body now squished inside I request to have all the windows open a little bit. There's no way I'm putting that top back on and the first thing on my to-do list when we get back is to jump into the pool.

Andrew is still recording, trying to awkwardly sit in his seat so that he can get a good angle of me and Zach, whilst still trying to keep it dignified and not show off too much of my body on camera. Ryland suggests Shane take the camera, or use his own blogging camera with the little holder that sticks to the front of the car, effectively getting us all in shot.

Shane opts to borrow Ryland's camera and spends a brief minute setting it up and making sure to get us all in shot. I relax back into my seat as Andrew puts the camera away for now, glad that I don't have to worry too much about my insecurities now the camera isn't so close up.

"So Zach, you're a model...right? You don't do Youtube or anything like that." Shane asks Zach as we head back to their house. Zach shakes his head, laughing a little bit at the idea of him being a Youtuber.

"My life is pretty boring, so I don't think Youtube is really an option. But yeah, I model a little bit."

"How long are you here for? Who even suggested this?!" I ask, looking to Shane for answers.

Shane explains how he wanted to surprise me and to cheer me up because I haven't been feeling great recently. I notice how Andrew sighs quietly and turns to look out the window, obviously thinking that the comment was aimed at him.

"I've definitely been pretty homesick." I admit, Zach putting his arm around me and pulling me in for a brotherly hug.

"Well trust me, after the next two weeks you'll be glad you moved so far away from me!" Zach laughs, grinning mischievously at the camera. I roll my eyes.

"Great." I cheer, the sarcasm in my tone is evident.

__________

Once we'd gotten back to the house, Zach was taken on a tour by Shane and Ryland and I decided to take the opportunity to take a dip in the pool. We were going to be filming a video for my channel later, as Zach had brought over a ton of food from home that he knows are my favourites. We thought it would be fun for us all to try American and English snacks, since I've been getting used to all the American stuff and Zach has never tried any of it.

When we had arrived, Morgan and Garrett had been very much into Zach, that much was evident. Shane made the same joke about Garrett trying to fuck straight guys such as Andrew and now Zach, however Zach had simply shrugged with a mysterious smirk.

I know Zach, and how fluid he is when it comes to his sexuality, so this didn't surprise me in the slightest. When he left to be shown around, Garrett and Morgan took me through a game of 21 Questions about him and I had to give up halfway through as they got increasingly more excited.