2. Meeting The Squad

Chapter Song: Beautiful by Bazzi

A/N: This is essentially a song that I feel encapsulates Mina and Andrew's first meeting, but more from Andrew's perspective. Plus, it's a gorgeous song!

__________

@shanedawson
Hey girl! I saw your recent video about how you've moved to Calabasas, and I'm really interested in your content and what you're doing. I was wondering if maybe you'd wanna collab on a vid sometime? 🙂

@minaminasmith
Oh my god, hi! 🤗 Holy shit, I can't believe you've seen my videos. It's just that you're like a big Youtuber?! I would love to collab with you, in fact I have some things planned for videos that could be done as a collab?

@shanedawson
Yes! I don't suppose you're free to come over and film anytine soon? I know you just moved, so I bet you're feeling STRESSED AF. You should come over and meet the gang, we can brainstorm!

@minaminasmith
I've actually got a free day tomorrow if that works! Since I've moved here, my schedule is pretty empty as all my friends and family are back in the UK.

@shanedawson
Tomorrow is fine, I'll text you the address!! And don't worry, we'll take good care of you, I know how scary moving can be 😰

__________

The Next Day
Mina's POV

"This is crazy." I tell myself, for what I think must be the seventh time on this car ride. I've got my phone giving me directions of how to get to Shane's house as I manoeuvre my way across Calabasas.

Yeah, that's right, Shane mother effin' Dawson.

Of course I'm going to find this crazy, because stuff like this doesn't just happen to me. I don't frequently hang out with ultra popular Youtubers in my spare time. In fact, I never do. This is my first collaboration ever.

"Well, if you're gonna do your first collab..." I sigh as I ascend the final hill that will bring me to find Shane's house. "You do in style, right?"

Style is definitely what I've tried to go for today, not wanting to seem like a total bum. But also not like I'm trying too hard?

A black hoodie and denim jacket, with leather-style jeans (vegan, of course!) And some chunky heeled boots with bright red laces. Stylish, but still pretty casual right?

I turn down the radio as I begin to close in on my destination, coming almost to the peak of the sloping hill that I've been climbing.

The houses around here are absolutely gorgeous, all private, with spacious bits of land and each having their own architectural style. The sun is shining, although it's actually a mild day, but that doesn't stop me from rocking my sunnies.

As I pull up to the electronic gate, I feel a fearful wave of anxiety rush over me. I wind the window on my Merc A-Class down so I can speak into the intercom.

"Hello?" A crackly, rather high-pitched voice comes through the speaker.

"Uh, hi! I'm Mina, the British Youtuber?" I introduce myself rather awkwardly. There's a pause, before it crackles again with the voice coming through.