1. Across the Pond

Chapter Song: Friend Of A Friend by Lake Malawi

This song is way too cute and has such a feel-good tune, the lyrics of the song are perfect and really set the tone for how the story will flow in regards to Mina and Andrew's relationship unfolding! Give it a listen and you'll see what I mean!

_____________

Unpacking when you're moving house is hardly fun, however the moment when you manage to reach the bottom of the last cardboard box of your belongings, after having previously unboxed dozens more, is pretty satisfying.

"Well then." I sigh, hands planted on my hips as I nudge the empty box with my toe.

The house now feels complete, although I'm sure that over time I'll find things to change around and more things will accumulate. It does like rather bare still, although in a minimalistic kind of way.

Also, this house is a big step up from my little apartment in London, so although all my furniture fit perfectly back home, it was a lot smaller.

"I think it's time to make a video, now everything looks a bit more presentable." I mutter aloud, talking to no one but myself. Something which I am prone to doing, even in public, which does earn a few stares.

Although when you're filming in public that also gains a fair bit of attention, so what's the issue?

Setting up my camera in the bathroom, although it may seem like an odd choice, I click the "record" button and begin.

Fast forward to the evening, where I'm happily sat on the sofa, wrapped up in a blanket and chewing the pull string on my hoodie as I stare in deep thought at my laptop.

It's 10.30pm. What time would it be back home?

Deciding to just try and hope for the best, I click for Facetime on my conversation with "Big Head".

Eventually, the call picks up and a very bleary-eyed Zachariah fills the screen.

"What do you want butt-munch?" He groans, rubbing sleep from his eyes. I scoff, unable to stop the inevitable eyeroll.

"Charming! Your little sister has moved to the other side of the world almost, and when she rings you up for the first time in a week, you call her a butt-munch?" I point out.

If my plan was to make him feel bad then it obviously wasn't working, as he stares deadpan at his phone.

"Yeah, and?" He responds.

I huff. "Fine! Forget I called." I go to end the call but Zach stops me.

"I'm kidding! Jeez, you're already becoming more of a drama queen than usual." Zach snorts, ruffling his unruly mop of hair.

Ignoring his jest, I ask him what time it is in London. "Well, if you must know, its half past 6." He sighs, showing his bedside clock that reads 06:32.

Oops.

"Sorry." I apologise, realising he probably had work today...or technically tomorrow...whatever.

"What d'you want?" Zach asks, getting out of bed and taking me and his phone into his kitchen, propping up the phone as he potters around in his Spider-Man pyjama pants.

I shrug, until I realise he isn't looking at the phone and didn't see me.

"Nothing much, I'm just editing a video I meant to put up ages ago and I needed a break. How's Cassie?"