Realising (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

'Do one of whatever your doing for me' Sickboy asked Renton, picking up a needle from the floor that was lazily placed there. He sighed heavily as he watch Renton do his magic, getting ready to be lost in the drugs again. As Renton passed him the needle the started tightening up the elastic on her arm, trying to get a vein to pop up. He heard a door slam somewhere outside, but didn't take much notice of it. One last slap on his arm and he was just about to shot up, until he heard Alison come through the door.

'Hey guys' Alison said walking through the door. Renton and the others rushed up to see her and say hi. Sickboy thought this was odd, they never cared to much when she came in, but maybe because she hadn't been around for a while they missed her. It was only till he heard what they had to say that he realised why they flocked to her.

'When did this happen?' Renton asked

'Is this why you disappeared for a while?' Swanny asked

Sickboy turned around only to see Alison in the doorway holding little baby Dawn. He was shocked at first to see Alison bring Dawn to the place. But then he was confused; why would she bring Dawn here? What were they going to say to the others?  Those questions were soon answered when Alison spoke up again.

'Guys I want to introduce you to baby Dawn, and yeh that was while I was M.I.A for a while' Alison replied.

'She looks so much like you' Spud said whilst playing around with dawns toes. Sickboy had to take a moment to take everything in. Alison was here, with charlie and his baby, claiming it was hers. He looked up to see Alison looking down at him. He got himself up and walked over to where Renton had taken Dawn out of Alison's arms and playing around with her; everyone's attention was on Dawn, so in a split moment decision he decided to pull Alison into another room.

'What are you doing?' Sickboy violently whispered

'What do you mean?' Alison asked trying to act oblivious.

'You know exactly what I mean. Why are you bringing Dawn here saying she's yours?' He replied, his temper running thin.

'Well I could hide with her forever, and what did you want me to do? Tell everyone what happened? Tell everyone about Charlie?' Alison spat back. Sickboy took a moment to register what she had just said. Did he want to tell everyone about Charlie? Or did he want to keep it his secret? He found it difficult to talk about charlie now, how would he handle it if he had to tell everyone about her and answer all there questions about her. He just went to go reply to her, when he was interrupted by the others.

'You guys gonna come join the party, or just stare at each other for the rest of the day?' Spud chucked at them.  Sickboy looked around, seeing them all look in there direction.

'Just coming' Sickboy replied, looking back around at Alison as she looked at him. She had always wanted a baby, but never got to tell anyone. She'd never been in a serious relationship long enough for anything like that 5o he brought up and now this baby was basically handed to her and she didn't want to let her sister down. Maybe it was wrong of her to say that Dawn was hers, but in that moment she didn't care. She had all she wanted right now. Dawn might not be hers, but the others didn't need to know that; it helped that her and her sister looked similar, meaning Dawn did look like she could've been Alison's. Morally it wasn't right, but to Alison she didn't care. As harsh as it may seem, it wasn't like Charlie was going to come back and for all Dawn would know, Alison was her mother.

Going back to the group, Alison took Dawn from Renton's arms and smiled down at her, she took one last look at Sickboy before turning back to the others. Sickboy may not be okay with this, but when he look over to Dawn and saw a smile on her face, he thought that maybe he could get around to the idea, because maybe it would be better for Dawn to grow up with a mother, rather then a memory of a dead mother. He didn't know if it was the drugs talking or what. He didn't know if it was right or wrong. What he needed was to talk to Charlie to find out what he should do. He needed her wise words of wisdom, to bring him back down to earth. He needed her advice to figure out what was best for their daughter. But he knew however bad he needed her advice, he knew it was never going to happen now. He knew that he was never going to get what he wanted, however bad he needed it.